Compression issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression issues

I'm a newbe for sure, trying to simply made a backup copy of a couple of my Blu-ray movies (Inception and Morning Glory) onto BD-25 disk.
    First attempt using Blu-ray Copy with Inception resulted in a decent copy, but it took nearly 8 hours. By using this forum, I see that I coincidentally used a very long movie, which explains some of the time, and the compression issues.
    But, with my second attempt using Blu-ray movie "Morning Glory", I tried to follow the suggestions to first copy to HDD using the BD-50, then compress to HDD by indicating BD-25. After two attempts, this failed, as the compression "copy" to the same file folder (asks you if you want to overwrite) appears to have erased the file! So when I attempt to burn from the HDD folder to BD-25 disk, I get an error, "attempt failed" "no compression" needed.
    I should point out that the main movie for Morning Glory was about 27gb, which to me, exceeds BD-25 capacity, which is why I choose to do the second copy to compress into the same HDD folder.
    Apparently, I'm not doing something right and would greatly appreciate any help on guiding me through this process. Thanks.

@rcholden
    Have read this?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks, yes I got that part, as that's what I did to get my BD-25 disc copy of "Inception". Looking through the forum, its apparent my PC is on the slow side and is not capable of utilizing CUDA, have to leave the settings at "software", no other choice available.
      Given that, it appeared that ripping as BD-50 to my HDD first (I do have a 1tb HD, plenty of space), then copying again as BD-25, then lastly burn to BD-25 disc would be faster than following the tutorial.
      This is the basis of my question, how to utilitze my HDD for compression in order to speed up the process, or is this simply not going to be any faster than just making my Blu-ray R/W the "target" as indicated in the tutorial.

Comment

Originally posted by rcholden View Post
        This is the basis of my question, how to utilitze my HDD for compression in order to speed up the process, or is this simply not going to be any faster than just making my Blu-ray R/W the "target" as indicated in the tutorial.
        Hi rcholden
        You can make a folder on your Crive, call it Movies to be Burnt or what ever you want and use that as your target so that you will not over write your previous rip, just be sure to delete your movies or they will fill up your HDD fast.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Use different folder

Yes I agree with the above, even better if you have more than one hdd, save it to that as the swap file process would be faster, & again call it what you like, but do remember that blu-ray films do swallow your hdd space, so always delete when you no longer require them

Comment

Just to reemphasize the fine advice above, I made it a point to invest in 2 HDDs before I started burning blu-ray movies - an internal 1TB HDD as well an external 2TB eSATA HDD. These are in addition to the internal drive I use that houses my OS.

Comment

Working...
            X