Disc Capacity Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc Capacity Selection

I notice that there are several size options for BD25 and BD50 media in the write tab of the settings. I was under the impression that each format had a fixed capacity.

Why are there optional settings?

Originally posted by Mike Mendelsohn View Post
    I notice that there are several size options for BD25 and BD50 media in the write tab of the settings. I was under the impression that each format had a fixed capacity.

Why are there optional settings?
    Hi Mike Mendelsohn
    When you use quality media you can set your size a little higher without worrying about burning to close to the edge of the disc, it is not recommended setting it higher with garbage disc's.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I wondered why the default was a little on the small side, and see that it can be changed so a little more of the disc can be used (with less compression), as my disc burns are at least an 1/8" from the edge. I'm using "Optical Quantum" discs (25GB) 1-4X speed from Newegg.com in a LG 12LS30 drive. Has anybody changed theirs as described above and what 25MB discs are you using?

Comment

I use verbatim lth discs and have not had a coaster yet setting the disc space @23700

Comment

optical quatum

It is not a good idea to go over 23700 as default. I use optical quantum and the same LG writer as you. Since the opt quantum disks are very reasonable and good quality (used for two years and they look as good and sometimes better than the originals I buy) if it takes more to room I split the movie between two disks. Still get the full quality and it doesn't cost an arm and leg to do backups. Have had problems with same setup as you with the verb LTH disks but never ever any problem with opt quantums and that's been two years of usage. Hope you enjoy your setup as much as I do. Buster

Comment

I use the same type of disc as the OP and the largest disc I've burned in ImgBurn was 22.9GB for which ImgBurn reported was 98-99% of the available disc space. It plays flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
            X