Can't Compress Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Compress Harry Potter

I'm having trouble making a backup of the first two Harry Potter movies. I've copied the full disk to an iso file on my HD but when I try to compress from 50to 25gb iso it just shuts down at about 10%. I have no other programs running I've disabled them all. I've reset the DMA with same result. Here is the log for the last few attempts to copy.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Hi,

You can use Software decoder & encoder only and have a try.
    Setting in Common Settings -> A/V code -> Check "disable all GPU codes for decoding and encoding" and restart DVDFab.

And also please tell us the result!
    Hope this help you!

Br, Wilson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-22-2011, 03:06 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi I tried your suggestion and changed my A/V codecs settings to software. I've included my logs seeing as the changes have made no difference. The program is telling me it will take 8 hours to compress the 50GB iso file so I aborted copy.

I have one question. When I look at the log it shows what is strange to me a number of MB allocated to memory. When I look back to earlier compressions I don't see as many and the allocations are much larger.

Maybe you can figure something out that I can't. It seems strange that I was able to backup my copy of the Deathly Hallows PT 1 with no issues and yet I'm having difficulty with the first 2 movies.

Thanks for your and suggestions.
      Terry
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok it looks like I missed on of the settings that you suggested I try. So I'm going to give it a whirl now. I let you know who I make out.

Comment

Go back to older version 8.0.7.3. I have backed up both of these movies with this version. There is a problem with the newer version with alot of movies. 8.0.7.3 works alot better. Here is link www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php Changing the codec setting will not change in making your backup. Go back to this version and let me know how you made out. I'm sure you will be surpise to find out that the older version works much better.

Comment

Thanks I will give it a try

Comment

Hi,

Please try to use the lastest beta build 8116: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=14429
              It's fixed, and please tell us the result!

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X