Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy 8.1.1.2 Qt is the worse version ever

Hello DVDFab Team,

I just want you to know that your 8.1.1.2 Qt is the worse version ever. Since the day I updated to this version, I managed to make only 1 backup of a movie to my BD9.

There are some replies, but none of them is helping to solve this problem. This version contains too many bugs and need to be solve ASAP.

I hope that Fengtao know about this and are working on it.

Thanks.

I completely second this post. In fact, I logged on today with the thought of posting just this.
    I have been unable to use 8.1.1.2 for two resons:
    #1 About half the titles I have tried to compress (full movie to 25GB), the compression process stops at some point, while the counters keep calculating time elapsed (1 hour or 6 hours or 13 hours) and time left (6 hours or 52 hours, etc.). No error, DVDFab just stops compressing. When switching to an earlier version (such as 8.1.0.1) compression completes without any problem.
    #2 Almost every title I have tried to compress (full movie to 25GB) runs SIGNIFICANTLY slower on 8.1.1.2 than previous versions, such as 8.1.0.1. And I don't mean 20% slower, I mean 100%-300% slower. Running Win7 64bit, on a computer with 2 processors (12 total cores). With earlier versions most 50GB to 25GB compressions completed in up to 2 hours, few titles 2.5 hours. With 8.1.1.2 anything that I managed to compress ran at least 2 hours, or 3, or even 6. The same BD, on 8.1.1.2, compresses in about 2 hours.

There is nothing in logs to indicate what is going on with 8.1.1.2.
    In fact, I am normally a busy person and I stay away from Beta testing software.

But ever since these new QT versions have appeared with countless bugs, it seems that I either am NOT able to use the program because of bugs, or I have to somehow become a Beta tester.

I am not happy with either situation. As a paying ("life time") customer I would like a product I can actually use!!! Is that too much to ask? And I do not want to be forced by buggy software in the position of a Beta Tester. Is that too much to ask?

As far as what has happened to DVDFab after the introduction of this QT capability, for us loyal Windows customers QT adds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, other than bugs. If you wanted to change your architecture in order to appeal to the MAC user, you should have done it in a way that does not bring down your Windows product.

Please fix DVDFab for Windows!

Thanks.

Comment

Same problem as above. The Conspirator took forever to compress and it kept stopping at 98 percent. I finally gave up

Comment

Sorry, all. After we change the new muxer, fab have some problem in copy components. Them trouble us and hard to fix. It's difficult trade-offs between new feature and stability. But this issue is sure of Priority 0, Severity 0 bug. We will fix it this week and then release a new beta version.

Potti

Comment

trade-offs between new feature and stability
          NEVER trade off stability for new features.

(I am also in the software business, have been for 17 years)

Comment

I will also chime in here, this version 8.1.1.2 is by far the worst. slow rips, no processing, all of the above comments. As a paid subscriber, I didn't elect to be a beta tester.
            Note to Admin: 8.1.0.5 was the BEST VERSION TO DATE. Cuda worked, Coreavc worked, it produced flawless copies. I have gone back to it...
            AMD Phenom II X2 550 Callisto unlocked to 4 core Denab @ 3.8mhz, MSI 785GM-E65 M/B, 4 Gig Geil DDR3-1333, EVGA GTX-260 192 Core, Corsair 700 W power, LG-BHO8LS20, LG-GH22LS50, IHOS104 DRIVES, 750 WDC Caviar Green, Hitachi 500, 2 TB WDC Caviar Green, SATA HD Drives, ASUS Xonar Essence SXT Sound, 2 Samsung SYNC 2333'S, Windows Vista 32 Buisness Edition.

Comment

I'm pleased to see that's it's not just me that has been having the hanging issues while compressing on 8.1.1.2

Luckily I keep 8.1.0.5 installed as well so I can fall back onto that when needed (which has been almost all the time lately!)

Comment

Everyone can go back to whatever version that was working properly.....until they get it fixed......I wouldn't wait, that way I wouldn't waste a lot of time

Comment

Originally posted by Bendit View Post
                  NEVER trade off stability for new features.

Well said !!!

I too have been routinely using older versions in conjunction with the newer, utd decrypting versions, but this shouldn't be "routine" and it's getting old.

I've been a loyal Fab customer since the beginning and I love this software.

However, there absolutely has to be a stable windows version in order for Fab to continue as a major player and it needs to be available SOON.

My fear is that the response from Beijing will be the equivalent of closing the barn doors after the horses have left
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well said Maineman.

The scenario that currently exists is unacceptable when users have to use previous versions of Fab (or other software) to achieve tasks that Fab is purported to do.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have to agree with the other members that this is getting old and has been going on for awhile now with the newer qt versions. Skips,Freezes, and so many other bugs with these qt versions.

Comment

I have to agree with you all every version past 8100 has nothing but problems i have been runing 8.0.7.3 and have never had any problems with dvd or blu-ray or even blu-ray to dvd and i read the fourms a lot its been a while since i posted even the ones people say they having problems with i dont i did rio/consperators/even the pirates of caribbean and a few others that the newer and even the betas have problems with so I will stay with the version i have as to me it has never let me down yet
                        Last edited by Darth56; 08-24-2011, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth56 View Post
                          I have to agree with you all every version past 8100 has nothing but problems i have been runing 8.0.7.3 and have never had any problems with dvd or blu-ray or even blu-ray to dvd and i read the fourms a lot this is my first time posting even the ones people say they having problems with i dont i did rio/consperators/even the pirates of caribbean and a few others that the newer and even the betas have problems with so I will stay with the version i have as to me it has never let me down yet
                          In the upper right corner of your post is this...........

Comment

my bad corected should have said been long time since i have posted but the main issue is i do agree with the others on the program and thanks red baron for point stuff out last time i posted was back a few years when they where just starting to do blu-rays

Comment

This has been a long time coming - and I'm glad to see it

I'm not sure how many people actually look to this product for the "new features" or how many of the new features draw new customers. I would bet that most customers new and old want the core functions and features to work correctly. Backup my DVD's and Blurays, convert to mobile formats correctly and easily for mobile devices / streaming. The core features are the meat of the product and without those there is no product.

On the other hand I guess a one time charge for a lifetime license means helping to make the product better by reporting issues and making a few new beer coasters for my computer room in the process.

Versions 6, 7, 8, 8QT installed on my system. Each one to do a separate task that I liked and slowly broke or got worse with each new version.

Some things I sould not have to do
                              1. Install VLC media player or any other suggested player no matter how good it is. If conversions are done properly it should work with any media player. (As long as proper codecs are installed)
                              2. Use mediainfo to verify frame rates to keep video and sound in synch
                              3. Uncheck GPU settings and change all settings to software and test.
                              4. Uncheck those "new features" like lightning fast blah blah to make it work correctly.
                              5. Try version 7.x and see if your problem is resolved

I'm sure I've missed a few other common responses to posts but these sum up about a good % of the issues in the forum. But once again like others have said, I shouldn't have to do this much work and the mods shouldn't have to repeat the same things over and over in the forums. I got to hand it to the guys that do dedicate their time here. I would go nuts repeating myself that much.

Comment

Working...
                              X