Clone Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Mode

If clone mode makes an exact copy of the iso from the bluray disk, why are some iso's not playing? There must be some difference.

Clone mode makes a 1-1 copy of the BD, it does not start as an .iso. That would be your selection. You will need to provide more info. There is a thread titled help us help you please read it.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I am sorry but there's not much extra information to provide because the problem here is in the playback phase not the generation phase. I will tell you that I am using the PCH C200 as my media player. Most isos will play but a few the machine enters an infinite loop trying to load them.

Max Payne which historically has had problems being copied will not load. Big Trouble in little china and avitar 3d also will not. Most of my isos do load and play without any problem.

In both cases DVDFab produces no errors while generating either iso. If this is a 1-1 copy what is making some not play when the bluray will?

Comment

Media Players have traditionally had problems with BD menus. Try "Main Movie Only" as a test to an ISO.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by ant master View Post
          I am sorry but there's not much extra information to provide because the problem here is in the playback phase not the generation phase. I will tell you that I am using the PCH C200 as my media player. Most isos will play but a few the machine enters an infinite loop trying to load them.
          If you are ripping a BD disk for your media player, don't use clone mode. I've never been sure exactly what clone mode was good for, but it is not good for media players. Use the "full disk copy" mode to rip the full disk to the folder structure on your HDD. The PCH200 can play that folder structure directly if you would like, with full menu support. Otherwise if you want a BD.iso of the full disk for easier file management, still rip with "full disk copy" to the folder structure and use ImgBurn separately from DVD Fab to package the folder structure into BD.iso. Yes, Fab can make a BD.iso, but we find that it doesn't always play properly using media players.

You might want to join us over in the Media Player section of AVS Forum.
          Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Thanks. Will the PCH also play folders for 3D?

Comment

wow. The folder plays. Is there any advantage to converting to an iso?

Comment

No
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Only in terms of file management. I prefer to package my full disk rips as .iso so I only have 1 file to drag around my NAS.
                  Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

But Max Payne, the movie so old that no one watches anymore still will not copy or play. Even from a folder. This is sad, I would think this movie could stand a little copying, a good example of too much protection.
                    Who cares, there are better fish in the sea. Could it be the PCH c-200; think a Dune Media player would have better luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X