Intel QuickSync performance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly same situation as Ken, and same results

Guys, I have a nearly identical setup as Ken and am getting the same results. Asus P8Z68 mobo with only d-GPU support
    Intel i7 2600K overclocked to 4.3GHz
    16GB RAM
    AMD HD Radeon 6570 Graphics card

Virtu is enabled. I added dvdfab.exe and fabcore.exe to the application list. I am making a Blu-ray copy to my SSD drive. The source is just a bit higher than 25GB, so there's some reencoding involved.

DVDFab AV codec settings are as follows:
    Decoding:
    H264 - Intel Quick Sync
    VC1 - Software
    MPEG2 - DXVA

Encoding:
    H.264 - Intel Quick Sync

During the process, it says that Intel GPU decoding enabled. But the speed sucks. And I notice that the CPU runs as 100% and GPU is at 0%. I have tried a bunch of different combinations, of Codec settings and enabling/disabling Virtu, enabling/disabling built-in Intel HD graphics, adding other dvdfab executables to Virtu's application list, but none of them seem to have any effect. Would really appreciate if the DVDFab team provided some documentation on how to use Intel Quick Sync, what apps to add to Virtu control panel etc.

Comment

Stream Processors: ? cores

How important are Stream processors: ___? CORES ??

Comment

Hi folks, just joined so I could post in this thread as I'm having the same issue.

I have the P8z68 Deluxe with a 2700k at 4.8ghz
        If I use the following setup and make sure there are exceptions in Virtu control panel

Decoding:
        H264 - Intel Quick Sync
        VC1 - Software
        MPEG2 - Intel Quick Sync
        *Lightning-Record off

Encoding:
        H.264 - Intel Quick Sync

I get a couple of MB/s

If I change to the following config;

Decoding:
        H264 - Intel Quick Sync
        VC1 - Software
        MPEG2 - Software
        *Lightning-Record ON
        Encoding:
        H.264 - Software

I begin to get around 11-14mb/s

That seems pretty good but I agree the whole quick sync side of things needs sorting as there are lots of these sorts of posts.

Hope that helps?

Let me know if anyone works this out or an updated version of DVDFab sorts it. It's a great product just a shame this part is so flakey as it's one of the reasons I went for the 2700k for it's video encoding/decoding using quicksync

Comment

For your eyes only...

You guys are on the right track. Nothing wrong with all your settings/configurations. No much significant in speed performance for stepping to higher i7@2600 CPU Mzh.

Remember to set 'Encoding Settings' to 'Fast Speed/Normal Quality'! It'll archieved 11-14MB/s without much problem. Otherwise by default, it's @ 1-2MB/s for 'Slow Speed/High Quality' for encoding to 25Mg.

Have funs....!

Comment

With my settings above I was encoding in 'Slow Speed/High Quality' at 11-14mb/s. So that is now my preferred method.

If I go to standard quality I'm getting 20MB/s+

Comment

I have been playing with Quicksync ever since it was added to this program, and have never been able to get it to function 100%. When Quicksync encoding is enabled it gives me jittery video and the frames per sec is horrible. I ended up settling on Quicksync decoding and software encoding with lightning recode on as my A/V settings and have been happy with the results.

When I convert my BD copies to MKV h264 Audiocopy I get the following -

1920 x 1080p - 60fps avge
              1920 x 800p - 80fps avge
              1280 x 720p - 100fps avge
              1280 x 544p - 130fps avge

I'm using a I7-2600k at 4.6ghz with 8gb DDR3 1600mhz and an ASRock Z68 M/B. No seperate video card so I don't use Lucid Virtu anymore.

Comment

In regards to my previous post, I just downloaded the latest Intel HD3000 graphics driver (Feb 2012) and now I can get QuickSync fully working for encoding and decoding. Speed is up another 25% but I have noticed the quality isn't quite as good and there is definately pixelation and blockiness on certain scenes. Looks much better than CUDA encoding but not as good as software.

Comment

Anyone has speed test with the new i7-3770k cpu from intel?

Comment

Working...
                  X