How to burn a Blu Ray movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to burn a Blu Ray movie

I love DVDFab (much better than previous software I've used) but I have to say I find the documentation deficient.

I have copied Blu Ray movies to hard drive (in Blu Ray 25 mode) and now I want to burn them to Blu Ray discs. How do I accomplish this? I've tried several things, none of which seem to work. I copied them in Main Movie mode.

I have Windows 7 and a Blu Ray burner in the PC. When I'm in DVDFac, there are two possibilties for "Target" one is a Folder icon. The other one is for a Blu Ray iso image file.

I've also tried Nero Burning ROM 10 and I can't find a Blu Ray option on that either.

Follow the link below and install Imgburn.
    It is a free burning software that most of us that have used for years feel it is the best there is.

It can be used as a standalone or DVDFAB can be setup to use it automatically .

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

Comment

Hi triglyph
      Along with my friends advice about setting up ImgBurn as your burn engine.
      You will use the "Write Data" mode in Blu-Ray Copy to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by triglyph View Post
        I love DVDFab (much better than previous software I've used) but I have to say I find the documentation deficient.

I have copied Blu Ray movies to hard drive (in Blu Ray 25 mode) and now I want to burn them to Blu Ray discs. How do I accomplish this? I've tried several things, none of which seem to work. I copied them in Main Movie mode.

I have Windows 7 and a Blu Ray burner in the PC. When I'm in DVDFac, there are two possibilties for "Target" one is a Folder icon. The other one is for a Blu Ray iso image file.

I've also tried Nero Burning ROM 10 and I can't find a Blu Ray option on that either.
        You should backup BR's to the HDD in BD50, then you can do your compression on the HDD is faster and saves wear and tear on the burner its self, yes they wear out over a period of time. So the steps you want to take are copy entire movie or movie only which ever your choice to the HDD as BD50 then make this folder your source and your HDD your target again for the compression at the bottom you will switch back to BD25. I like to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner so when Fab is finished doing the compression I close out Fab and open up ImgBurn and select write files/folders and follow the instructions from there. The write data function that CBR pointed out if perfectly fine and probably the easier route to go. I would suggest investing in some BDRE media for practice burns so you do not make coasters.
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X