Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to split BD by chapters

Hi,

I want to split Saving Private Ryan on 2 BD-25 discs. I actually backed up the disc on my hard drive and have the 35GB folder on my hard drive. How do I do this (I knew with DVD I was using the "personnalized" option) ? Compressing to BD-25 gets me to 64% which is too much of loss quality for me.

thanks !

try it 35GB to BD25 should be fine preview it first before burning.
    BD not like DVD let us nkow how it goes.
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by benito View Post
      Hi,

I want to split Saving Private Ryan on 2 BD-25 discs. I actually backed up the disc on my hard drive and have the 35GB folder on my hard drive. How do I do this (I knew with DVD I was using the "personnalized" option) ? Compressing to BD-25 gets me to 64% which is too much of loss quality for me.

thanks !
      When you say split between two BD-25 disks, do you mean the full rip or just split the main title across two BD-25. I don't know of a way to do the former with DVD Fab, but the latter is quite easy, I've done it many times.
      Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Set your folder which contains the movie as your source. Let it scan. Click on title start/end settings. Lets say your movie has 30 chapters. Leave the top as 1 and play a little with the second number, lets say 16. Note the time. If you want a longer time for your first disk, go to 17,18 etc. until you have how long you want it. Lets say you want 18. Now your 1st disk is chapters 1-18. Process and burn as you normally would. Repeat the process for disk 2. Since you ended the first disk at 18 your 2nd disk will be 19-30. Process and burn.

Comment

Originally posted by HIDEF View Post
          Set your folder which contains the movie as your source. Let it scan. Click on title start/end settings. Lets say your movie has 30 chapters. Leave the top as 1 and play a little with the second number, lets say 16. Note the time. If you want a longer time for your first disk, go to 17,18 etc. until you have how long you want it. Lets say you want 18. Now your 1st disk is chapters 1-18. Process and burn as you normally would. Repeat the process for disk 2. Since you ended the first disk at 18 your 2nd disk will be 19-30. Process and burn.
          thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by HIDEF View Post
            hey ! got disk 1 (chapters 1 to 13) that got me under 23GB.

Then I go for disc 2 and selects chapters 14 to 21, let the scan complete but then the software indicates that ouput size is 36GB (which is the total size), altough I see (14-21) besides the title... any clues ???

Comment

hey ! got disk 1 (chapters 1 to 13) that got me under 23GB.

Then I go for disc 2 and selects chapters 14 to 21, let the scan complete but then the software indicates that ouput size is 36GB (which is the total size), altough I see (14-21) besides the title... any clues ???
              Hi benito,

It's a known error. Although the total size is shown when select chapters, the output file size is correctly, not the total size.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

As Wilson said, ignore it. I should of edited my post to tell you about it. I forgot, sorry.

Comment

Also copy all english subtitles to both disks, if this is your preferred language. I found in The Rite and Patton that the subs did not turn on automatically in my standalone player to get the english translation of any foreign language being spoken. I had to manually turn them on then pick English 2. This also happened in the new x-men, movie only. I compressed it and removed hd audio to fit on one disk. I went into my standalone and turned on subs to english 2 and all the translations worked. I also did a full disk version on a 50gb disk (obviously no compression) and my player turned them on automatically to english 4, which is wierd because there are only 2 english subs on the disk.

Comment

Working...
                  X