Problem with dvdfab after buying new pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with dvdfab after buying new pc

Hi all I've recently just bought a new pc from overclockers the machine is 10x faster than my last one with triple the storage and double the ram and the processor is overclocked.

Anyway to get to the point. With my ol pc I could run dvdfab no problem. It used to take 24 hrs to do one disc but it worked. So I put DVDfab onto my new pc and the first time I used it (latest version of dvdfab) it worked and only took 45 mins or so.
    Then I accidentally pressed something to open it with image burn now all the iso files have image burn symbols instead of the symbol of the Blue disc that was there when I first installed it. The reason I mention this is because as soon as it did this it now will not work. It starts and analayzes but only get to around 0.95% then just doesn't move, the last ones I tried to back ip were the new star wars Blu rays.
    So because of this I installed dvdfab 8.0.0.0 and that works but the star wars discs jump all the time.

Does anyone know how I can get the original symbol back and also does anyone know how or why I can not get the latest version to work any more?

Thanks in advance guys.

Originally posted by DINSKI View Post
    Hi all I've recently just bought a new pc from overclockers the machine is 10x faster than my last one with triple the storage and double the ram and the processor is overclocked.

Anyway to get to the point. With my ol pc I could run dvdfab no problem. It used to take 24 hrs to do one disc but it worked. So I put DVDfab onto my new pc and the first time I used it (latest version of dvdfab) it worked and only took 45 mins or so.
    Then I accidentally pressed something to open it with image burn now all the iso files have image burn symbols instead of the symbol of the Blue disc that was there when I first installed it. The reason I mention this is because as soon as it did this it now will not work. It starts and analayzes but only get to around 0.95% then just doesn't move, the last ones I tried to back ip were the new star wars Blu rays.
    So because of this I installed dvdfab 8.0.0.0 and that works but the star wars discs jump all the time.

Does anyone know how I can get the original symbol back and also does anyone know how or why I can not get the latest version to work any more?

Thanks in advance guys.
    try v8.1.2.5 qt.
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by DINSKI View Post

Thanks in advance guys.
      Its a function in windows you have selected to open with...So any Iso files will now be open with ImgBurn.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        Its a function in windows you have selected to open with...So any Iso files will now be open with ImgBurn.
        Is there away to change it back to original ones?
        I've tried removing and re-installing.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ernielee View Post
          try v8.1.2.5 qt.
          Just tried this version. It now gets to 35% and has stopped completely.
          Anyone got any ideas? Like I said it did work fine before. I can't understand it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi DINSKI
            If your new computer has a GPU make sure that you have the latest drivers installed and also installed Fab as administrator.
            Also post as much information that you can in this thread .
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 09-29-2011, 08:53 PM.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X