No announcement yet.

Compression Problem with Transformers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have successfully back up this movie. Main movie copy only using version 8.0.7.3. I used this version by itself to do everything to back it up. TO get older version here is the link www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php I have watched the movie as well and it works perfect.

Comment

I have used around 6 older versions, treeked here and there, and still no luck.. The Movie DVD must of been a bad one i guess... I was able to copy it to my desktop at 50 GB but it just won't compress it down to 25 GB, no further than 10% into the compression. If you have any other suggestions i'm willing to hear them. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
        I have used around 6 older versions, treeked here and there, and still no luck.. The Movie DVD must of been a bad one i guess... I was able to copy it to my desktop at 50 GB but it just won't compress it down to 25 GB, no further than 10% into the compression. If you have any other suggestions i'm willing to hear them. Thanks
        Something could be up with ur system close all apps running in the background and I mean everything , try uninstalling fab and every remnant with it!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Well a few people are having problems so I think its bigger then just one persons PC problem....

I installed 8.1.0.5 and it wouldnt compress at all. I installed 8.0.7.3 and it compressed to 25 gig (in about 2 hours) but when I went to burn it, it failed.

I dont want to keeps wasting disks so not sure what to do now.
          "living the dream"

Comment

Well lets put it this way... I have copied Source Code, Rango, and Rio within the last couple weeks with no gitches.. Those were done with v8.1.2.0. This Transformer movie is the 1st with v8.1.2.5. Something must in the Movie that has you guys baffled on why this Movie can't be compressed down. Others on here have problems with it the same as i do and looks like at the same percentage of compression where it freezes up.. Around 9-10%.

Comment

Ok i guess i figured it out.. This version v8.1.2.5 doesn't like my Anti-Virus software which is Bit Defender. I un-installed it and now the compression is going strong. Right now its at 40% and still running. I've had Bit Defender Ani-Virus for 6 months and never had a problem with other Blue Ray back-ups. Who woulda figured since i don't think i should have had that much problems with DVD Fab. Oh well i'll know next time i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
                Ok i guess i figured it out.. This version v8.1.2.5 doesn't like my Anti-Virus software which is Bit Defender. I un-installed it and now the compression is going strong. Right now its at 40% and still running. I've had Bit Defender Ani-Virus for 6 months and never had a problem with other Blue Ray back-ups. Who woulda figured since i don't think i should have had that much problems with DVD Fab. Oh well i'll know next time i guess.
                As I believe I suggested in post #18 of one of the many transformer threads! Glad it is working for you!
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Have the movie copied and all is well....... well for now that is lol )

Comment

I dont want to have to be uninstalling programs for this to work!!!!!
                    "living the dream"

Comment

Yeah i know Ronnie but sometimes they do have a glitch in their software once and awhile... Thats y they are always having updated versions.. I know i was frustrated like you. But so far with only a couple glitches here and there i still think its the best Blu Ray software out there

Comment

8127qt

I used the latest varsion, and burn to HDD(50GB) Maine movie.
                        Then I compress it to a25GB if need so.,It took 1 hour and 20min's.
                        Then I use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner and burn the movie.
                        I find this very fast, all my blu-rays to HDD in 20 to 30min's.
                        Then burn with ImgBurn as a stand alone burner,20 to 25min's.
                        Hope this works for alot of members, if not worth a try!

Comment

Working...
                        X