Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the more accurate scanning increase the encoding quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the more accurate scanning increase the encoding quality?

I have the scan setting at the highest setting which is described as "more accurate, but slower"...

Does this "more accurate" setting assist in making the encoding process "more accurate"... or make the end product better visually?

Or is this just "more accurate" in the sense of indicating How Much the Movie will be compressed? ei.. less accurate setting says 90%, but more accurate scan would indicate it is actually 88%???

The initial disk scan takes 20 to 30 minutes which is kind of annoying if that does nothign to help the quality of the backup being produced.

Somebody please clarify this setting for me. What are the benefits??

Originally posted by RedJamaX View Post
    I have the scan setting at the highest setting which is described as "more accurate, but slower"...

Does this "more accurate" setting assist in making the encoding process "more accurate"... or make the end product better visually?

Or is this just "more accurate" in the sense of indicating How Much the Movie will be compressed? ei.. less accurate setting says 90%, but more accurate scan would indicate it is actually 88%???

The initial disk scan takes 20 to 30 minutes which is kind of annoying if that does nothign to help the quality of the backup being produced.

Somebody please clarify this setting for me. What are the benefits??
    It's my understanding that the Enable full scan (slow but accurate) option is used to better determine the final output size (rather than guessing based on a partial scan percentage). The Slow Speed (High Quality) / Fast Speed (Normal Quality) Encoding Setting determines the output quality.

Comment

Working...
    X