new computer system settings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new computer system settings ?

Went out and purchased a new computer yesterday. Looking at my system can someone tell me the best configuration for settings in the A/v codec. Please include if I check the boxes for "disable all GPU Codecs" ? Also "enable lightning recoding.Cuda? Software? Also the Blu Ray Copy Encoding Settings? Please be specific for each setting so I can use this program the most efficient way possible. Being limited in computer skills I don't really know what these options mean. Here's my new computer specs:
    HP Pavillion HPE h8-1110
    • 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor(2)
    • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit(1)
    • Get powerful 64-bit performance with 8GB DDR3 system memory(3) 8 GB of Ram
    • 1TB (Terabyte) hard drive(4) stores up to 220,000 songs or 176,000 photos(5)
    • SuperMulti DVD burner(6)
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520 graphics card
    • Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n(19)
    • Front-panel 15-in-1 memory card reader
    . WH10LS30 by LG blu ray writer.

Hi unclebubbies
    The only way to know for sure the best settings is to test it yourself.
    Just try a few chapters of a movie with different settings and take notes.
    Your GPU is not really a high end card, but try it using cuda then with software.
    I would disable Lightning-Recoding
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
      Went out and purchased a new computer yesterday. Looking at my system can someone tell me the best configuration for settings in the A/v codec. Please include if I check the boxes for "disable all GPU Codecs" ? Also "enable lightning recoding.Cuda? Software? Also the Blu Ray Copy Encoding Settings? Please be specific for each setting so I can use this program the most efficient way possible. Being limited in computer skills I don't really know what these options mean. Here's my new computer specs:
      HP Pavillion HPE h8-1110
      • 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor(2)
      • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit(1)
      • Get powerful 64-bit performance with 8GB DDR3 system memory(3) 8 GB of Ram
      • 1TB (Terabyte) hard drive(4) stores up to 220,000 songs or 176,000 photos(5)
      • SuperMulti DVD burner(6)
      • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520 graphics card
      • Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n(19)
      • Front-panel 15-in-1 memory card reader
      . WH10LS30 by LG blu ray writer.

Hey Unc, they said get new discs; not an entire new system! Enjoy...

Comment

Will do. Kind of a let down for me to hear that my brand new computer's graphics card is low end. Most computers i looked at didn't even come with a dedicated card. So far using cuda on all the settings I have managed to speed up compressing from 50 gb to 25 gb to 3 hours compared to the 8-12 hours my old computer used to take to compress. You are telling me to assign cuda to all categories in the A/V codec correct? What about the blu ray copy encoding settings? There's also an option somewhere to pick a high speed/normal quality or a slow speed/high quality? Which do I select? I don't really know how to just back up a couple of chapters?
        ebjones.... Been looking at an upgrade for a computer and thought I found the one at a great low cost. Not informed enough on graphic cards to know the difference between high end and low end.

Comment

Working...
        X