Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Copy with multi m2ts file movies fails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy with multi m2ts file movies fails.

I'm new in BD copy area. Tested only with 8126 and 8129beta.

Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie to BD5 720p (or any other what requires compression) with Remove HD Audio option along with convert DTS to DD selected.

If movie consist only from one m2ts-file process goes just fine.

But if movie consist from multiple m2ts-files process hangs after first file.
    Program doesn't crash or anything like that. It just stops doing anything, encoding time is still running and only option is to press cancel-button.

Is there something what I do wrong? Or is the problem in program?

Note: Blu-ray to DVD (DVD5) with same movie works fine, if that matters anything.

Here if data from those two log-files:
    Code:
    dvdfab_process.log

Analyzing started: 00:29:31
    Analyzing completed successfully: 00:29:31
    Copy process started: 00:29:32
    Video reencode bitrate (3696 kbps): 00:29:32
    CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
    : 00:29:32
    Source( 50201.m2ts )
    : 00:29:32
    Source( 50281.m2ts )
    : 00:45:04
    User cancelled.: 00:50:46
    Code:
    dvdfab_internal.log

DVDFab 8.1.2.9 (2011/10/22  00:12:38)

0m 23.08s: Qt Translator file load success 
     0m 23.66s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
     0m 43.55s: got bdmv
     0m 44.27s: got extended bdinfo
    17m 14.36s: Blu-ray Copy: Main Movie
    17m 14.39s: Source: I:\DVD Ripit\Fast Five - Extended (BLU-RAY)\MainMovie\FAST_FIVE_G55\BDMV\
    17m 14.42s: Playlist: 0
    17m 14.44s: Chapters: 1 -> 21
    17m 14.47s: TotalSize: 25290 MB
    17m 14.50s: SourceSize: 22069 MB
    17m 14.52s: RemoveHDAudio: 1
    17m 14.55s: CompressToAC3: 1
    17m 14.58s: OutputDisc: BDMV
    17m 14.61s: SoftwareFriendlyAVCHD: 1
    17m 14.64s: OutputTarget: BD5
    17m 14.67s: OutputVideo: 720p
    17m 14.70s: info: enable bd copy(mode=1)
    17m 14.73s: info: video encode mode(0), bitrate(3696), lr-encode(no)
    17m 14.77s: info: streams(4113.2,4352.2,4608.1)
    17m 14.78s: info: blu-ray copy begin (unit[elem[atomic[50201.m2ts],atomic[50281.m2ts],atomic[50295.m2ts],atomic[50282.m2ts],atomic[50296.m2ts],atomic[50283.m2ts],atomic[50297.m2ts],atomic[50284.m2ts],atomic[50285.m2ts],atomic[50298.m2ts],atomic[50286.m2ts],atomic[50299.m2ts],atomic[50287.m2ts],atomic[50317.m2ts],atomic[50318.m2ts]]])
    17m 14.81s: info: enable multi-thread software decoder
    17m 14.86s: CUDA GPU acceleration for video encoding enabled
    17m 14.91s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(3696)
    17m 15.16s: info: processing source(50201.m2ts)
    32m 47.06s: info: processing source(50281.m2ts)

Hi leppis
    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
    CBR929

Also was this ripped with Fab or another software?
    Last edited by CBR929; 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: Text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Also was this ripped with Fab or another software?
      1st with Fab to harddrive and then encode.
      Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi leppis
      Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
      This trick worked.
      Only bad thing is that now encoding speed is painfully slow, ~4 times slower than with CUDA.

I've tried few other methods which are quite close with original scenario.

Blu-ray ripper to m2ts with m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile. Resize to 720, AC3 to 640kbps, same subtitle track and fixed file size to 4400Mb
      And with same options for Blu-ray ripper to MKV with mkv.h264.ac3 profile.

With these two methods this multi m2ts file movie is encoded just fine with CUDA enabled.

So there seems to be some bugs in program.

I really do hope that you will investigate what is causing this.

Comment

Originally posted by leppis View Post
        I really do hope that you will investigate what is causing this.
        Hi leppis
        I am glad this helped a little.
        I am not the developer, just a member just like you.
        Cuda has caused some members problems, but not all.
        Make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I have latest official nVidia drivers.

But GPU drivers can't be only thing what is causing this.
          Because in some cases CUDA works just fine.

I just hope that some of the developers recognize this issue and investigate it.

Comment

Blu-ray ripper to m2ts with m2ts.ac3.high_quality profile. Resize to 720, AC3 to 640kbps, same subtitle track and fixed file size to 4400Mb

With these two methods this multi m2ts file movie is encoded just fine with CUDA enabled
            Hi,

What's trouble to you? Software encoder not work for you?
            Could you please give more info to get more help? And please post your log files!

Thanks!

Wilson
            Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 10-25-2011, 07:05 AM.
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leppis View Post

With these two methods this multi m2ts file movie is encoded just fine with CUDA enabled. :confused
              Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

What's trouble to you? Software encoder not work for you?
              Could you please give more info to get more help? And please post your log files!
              There is no problem with these methods. They are working fine.

These were just examples to tell that multi m2ts file movie can be encoded with CUDA enabled, in some very similar methods.

But CUDA can't be used with:
              Quote from my first post: "Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie to BD5 720p (or any other what requires compression) with Remove HD Audio option along with convert DTS to DD selected."

Comment

There might be some speed improvement with 8131beta.

Unfortunately encoding with CUDA still not working.
                Fingers crossed that you'll find solution for this also.

Comment

I've done more testing for this issue with 8.1.5.3 Beta version.
                  Newer version didn't fix the problem, but ...
                  This is working with/without CUDA encoding enabled if "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3" option is not used.

Here is the table:

With CUDA + DTS to AC-3 enabled:
                  8126 and 8129beta = NOK
                  8132 = NOK
                  8153beta = ? => encoding starts but right after it stops (from UI it seems to be continuing, but nothing happens)

Without CUDA + DTS to AC-3 enabled:
                  8126 and 8129beta = OK
                  8132 = OK
                  8153beta = ? => encoding starts but right after it stops (from UI it seems to be continuing, but nothing happens)

With/without CUDA + DTS to AC-3 disabled:
                  8129beta = OK
                  8153beta = OK

So it seems to be that there are some bugs in "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3" feature.

Comment

Movie that consist of multiple m2ts-files.

Done some re-testing with 8.1.6.3 version. Situation is still same => not working with Software+CUDA encoding.

Yes, it is true that I can live with software encoding only.
                    I'm just keeping this bug thread alive because in some, very similar, cases CUDA encoding is working just fine.

To sum up situation:
                    • Select Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie BD5 720p with Remove HD Audio option along with convert LPCM/DTS to DD selected and Software+CUDA enabled. => encoding hangs after first file.

• Select Blu-ray ripper to m2ts with m2ts.ac3.high_quality. Set Resize to 720p, AC3 to 640kbps, same audio and subtitle track and Software+CUDA enabled. => encoding goes just fine.

With this last method AVCHD folder structure is missing and final result is only one file. But other ways it is very similar.
                    At least it would be nice to know why CUDA encoding is working in one but not the other.
                    Well, fix for this would be really nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X