Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQS/Lucid Virtua correct setup info.

Hi Ken,

I did post in another thread, but I just built a new setup, ASROCK Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, Gigagbyte GTX580 SO, Core i7 2600K etc... and I'm going through the same head-aches as you ... running DVDFab 8.1.2.5 and would love some in depth IQS/Lucid Virtua correct setup info.

I believe the ASROCK Z68 mobo, does not require anything to be plugged into the Integerated Graphic port, to utilise IQS, but I've tried plugged into the intergrate port, plugged into the GTX 580, BIOS set to integrated or PCIe to boot with Lucid Virtu enabled/disabled and I'm always gettting very Slow Intel QS encoding.

Using a 33GB blueray dump of "Limitless" on my RAID 10 array (with SRT enabled), I get around 15 FPS and 3 hours to encode using IQS.

I'm very keen to see how you get on.....
    I experiences the same things, in that software utilises all 8 processor threads 99% utilisation, results are good and it's pretty fast. IQS appears to load up 2 processor threads, but extremely slow. CUDA+SW is VERY fast, 125 FPS and 18 mins to complete with 45% CPU, but quality is not good enough for me.

Using IQS, SW, CUDA to decode does not alter the above results much.

Enabling/Disabling Lucid Virtu (I also set dvdfab and fabcore as applications) can result in DVDFab just sitting there and not encoding when IQS is enabled. Also DVDFab settings change when you enable/disable Virtu.

Lightning-Recording doesn't seem to change any of the results.

Post to old thread moved to thread of its own.

Your are posting to threads that range from 3 months old to 2 years old.

If you have a problem hijacking old threads will not get you any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Post to old thread moved to thread of its own.

Your are posting to threads that range from 3 months old to 2 years old.

If you have a problem hijacking old threads will not get you any help.
      Fair enough... normally I get the admins telling me to use search and don't post new threads ... that's what I did in that case

EDIT: Oh and Lucid Virtu on Z68 will be current to three month old threads as people start upgrading to z68 like myself can now respond with useful information which I couldn't do on my previous hardware. I think my posts are still relevent.
      Last edited by kicken; 10-24-2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X