Cinavia BDMV-REC Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia BDMV-REC Issues

I have attempted over the past several months to create a BDMV-REC disc on a Cinavia protected disk. Each time they would not play in my PS3 (I get an error when inserted into the PS3). The results were the same no matter what version of DVDfab I used. I had success yesterday with my copy of Zookeeper and DVDfab 8.1.1.2, however, I still have one issue I cannot figure out... This copy was successful and did play on my PS3 (as the main movie will fit uncompressed on a BD25, I copied the main movie only and the video played for the entire movie and did not cut after 20 minutes). This was done on a Verbatim BD-RE 25GB disc which wrote very slowly as it is only 2X speed. I also use ImgBurn and the write speed setting in DVDfab is set to "recommended". I next tried to replicate this using a Verbatim BD-R disc (25GB) with 6X speed capability (this is the same disc I have been attempting to use over the past several months which has never been successful and only created coasters). When I did this, the PS3 again gave me the same error that it could not read the disc. I next tried to copy the BDMV-REC which played on my PS3 to a BD-R disc (using a standard disc copy utility) and I again received the error when attempting to play. Is the issue with using the BD-R disc, or the speed of writing? These are the only two variables that change between the successful and unsuccessful burn. Help!

These are 2 variables you can check your self. 1 try a different media and 2 burn at a slower speed. You will have to post your logs for the burn you are having issues with.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Thx for the response... I suspect it is the burn speed, not the media. In the experience of all those out there, what is the speed limit that is successful for burning BDMV-REC discs? It appears as though 2x works, and 6x plus does not. Any comments? I see in many posts that speed is indeed an issue with some burns.

Comment

Originally posted by sldwaa View Post
        ...I next tried to copy the BDMV-REC which played on my PS3 to a BD-R disc (using a standard disc copy utility) and I again received the error when attempting to play. ...
        That was not a good idea. DvdFab encrypts the disc specifically for the disc it will be written to. This was said many times here. DON'T try to create BDMV-REC disc outside DvdFab, cause no other tool know/can create them.

Try to use a lower speed if you have disc issues. And please post logs when you have troubles

Comment

Hi,

Please refer to the details about Cinavia from the thread, maybe give you more help!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X