Blu-ray Copy - BD5 720p = jerky playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Copy - BD5 720p = jerky playback

I have done lately some encoding testing as posted in .

No I'm having new problem with 8132 version when encoding with same movie with same settings as in thread linked above.

Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie - BD5 720p results jerky playback.

When analysing encoded m2ts file with MediaInfo tool frame rate seems to just fine.

But when played with e.g. MPC-HC or TMT5 decoder frame rate seems to be changing rapidly from really low ~5fps to high ~70fps.
    This is causing jerky playback.

This problem came up with 8132 version. Previous official 8126 and 8129beta didn't cause this kind of problem.

Hi,

Please select only one audio track, and check "Convert LPCM/DTS to AC-3" option if selecting LPCM or DTS audio track. Do this to make enough space to store the video!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi,

Please select only one audio track, and check "Convert LPCM/DTS to AC-3" option if selecting LPCM or DTS audio track. Do this to make enough space to store the video!

Wilson

Comment

Hi,

When compress bd50 to bd9/bd5, if the audio tracks is too big, e.g. you selected DTS-HD Master audio track size is 4Gb, when you compress to bd5 and not select "Convert LPCM/DTS to AC-3" option, just have 1GB to store the compressed movie, the video is bad.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

When compress bd50 to bd9/bd5, if the audio tracks is too big, e.g. you selected DTS-HD Master audio track size is 4Gb, when you compress to bd5 and not select "Convert LPCM/DTS to AC-3" option, just have 1GB to store the compressed movie, the video is bad.

Wilson
          Yes, I understand this. I've always used "Remove HD audio" and "Convert LPCM/DTS to AC-3" option for BD5.

My -smiley was for your reply. I just don't see what was its relevance to error/problem what I described.

Comment

I've done more testing for this issue with 8.1.5.3 Beta version.
            Newer version didn't fix the problem, but ...
            This is working with/without CUDA encoding enabled if "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3" option is not used.

Here is the table:

With/without CUDA + DTS to AC-3 enabled:
            8126 and 8129beta = OK
            8132 = NOK
            8153beta = ? => encoding starts but right after it stops (from UI it seems to be continuing, but nothing happens)

With/without CUDA + DTS to AC-3 disabled:
            8129beta = OK
            8153beta = OK

Here is another thread with exactly the same issue:
            v8.1.3.6 Qt Jitters

So it seems to be that there are some bugs in "Convert DTS/LPCM audio to AC-3" feature.

Comment

Yes, it may be a bug of our m2ts muxer, which will be enabled when "Convert DTS to AC3" is enabled.

We like to check it asap, but due to near Chinese New Year, I think a fix may not be available for several weeks.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

No big rush.
                I'm happy to hear that this bug is recognised and it will investigated.

This would be great feature when this works perfectly.
                More and more movies are release with DTS-HD audio and full bitrate DTS takes so much space on BD5 720p encode.

Comment

We have tested today, and the backup played ok on PS3, some standalone players and PowerDVD, but have jerky playback problem on TMT and some standalone players.

Very strange, and we are working on it now.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Re-tested with 8.1.6.3 version and now this seems to work just fine.

Most likely because of these fixes:
                    • 8.1.6.1 Fix: Lightning-Recoding should not be enabled when GPU encoder is enabled.
                    • 8.1.6.2 Fix: A jerky playback problem when using Lightning-Recoding.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X