Full Disc backup doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting errors when taking lightning re-encoding off

Thats not the problem anymore, the logs I have attached are for an error I get when I take lightning re-encoding off

Comment

Hi cwse07004
      Please try the latest beta found here and give it a try http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16846

If still having problems post the newest logs.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by cwse07004 View Post
        Thats not the problem anymore, the logs I have attached are for an error I get when I take lightning re-encoding off
        Hmmm...I think you mean for an error when you enable LR, not disable.
        At least that's what your logs indicate and what you stated previously.

The VSO burn log you posted is useless since it doesn't yield any meaningful data
        Given your problem, it seemed reasonable to recommend Img and in the event the problem persists, to post an actual burn log.
        Apparently you reject this advice and that's certainly your call.

Okey, dokey then.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Apologies Maineman, I did not mean any disrespect. I thought the second lot of logs that I attached was for an error once I had taken the tick off the LR. I'll run it again and will reattach the new logs but the problem I was running into was an error during shrinking as I have the output set to a folder.

Thanks CBR929, I will give this a try.

Comment

Hi cwse07004
            I have said it before and I will say it again.
            I see nothing in your logs that you used Fab to copy the movie to your HDD as an ISO.
            Use Fab for the whole process.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

No problem cwse07004

In an effort to isolate the problem(s), why not try something like the following:

Pick up a BD-RE so you don't waste more of your hard-earned $

Disable all GPU acceleration, both decoder and encoder settings (Software only)
              Please disable Lightning-recoding.
              My own personal opinion of LR is that it causes more trouble than it's worth and it's not worth much to most users

Agree with my good friend CBR929, please try a rip using Fab 8166 Beta...and this one time anyway...not The Fox.

Rip Full Disc without any compression (to BD50 folder),
              then go ahead and burn it to a BD25 (BD-RE).

Does the Full disc bkup play ok in your standalone?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Full disc backup now working

Maineman, I realised after losing a few discs and it certainly has helped to have BD-RE.

Good news though, I downloaded the new version of DVD Fab, and tried it without the lightning encoding, 30 hours later I had a disc that now works with my bluray player. Since it took 30hours I decided to take a wee chance and put the lightning encoding back on and 6 hours later I had a disc that works in my bluray too! So glad that I don't have to leave my pc on for 30 hours!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all that helped me with this, the product you guys are poroducing/supporting is quality!

Cheers

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and running again and burning trouble-free bkups.

Comment

@cwse07004

You may not realise it but people like Maneman, myself, other senior contributers and the Mods are NOT employed by Fab but volunteer to help out users here.

It's just because we are such nice guys....

Originally posted by cwse07004 View Post
                    Just wanted to say a big thank you to all that helped me with this, the product you guys are poroducing/supporting is quality!
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Glitchy discs? This may be a Panasonic issue!

I have been having the same issue. I just built a new system & was getting mixed results using the same settings as the old system, even though discs verified fine. I was using both a Panasonic DMP-bdt210 & BDt100 to test the discs, like i always have: they would hang up & keep flashing "now reading" (They played fine on the pc)...I tried changing settings etc, still no dice..then i remembered i had a samsung player in another room, so i tried the discs in there... ALL FINE! So i dug out my spare sony player, again, all fine...12 discs...both blu-ray & avchd format, 4 different movies!
                      I went to Best Buy & tried one of these discs in a (non-3d) dmp-bdt75; worked fine, but in an open-box DMP-bdt210...the same glitchy failure occured (firmware rev. 1.70).
                      Bottom Line: i think this is definitely a Panasonic specific issue. Hopefully you DVD Fab techs can look into this one (it doesn't seem like a cinevia type problem)..

Comment

Working...
                      X