Alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. I use Blu-ray Copy to make hard disk image and then mount with DVDFab Virtual Drive. Then, I watch using PowerDVD 7.3 which was bundled with my Blu-ray drive. For most titles this works very well and avoids the noisy optical drive during movie playback.

However I recently got the movie Alien and there is a problem. No errors are reported at any step, but when attempting to play, it just shows a black screen and never gets to the menu or title. Playing the same disc directly from the optical drive works correctly.

I don't need a fix for this but I thought you might be interested and can supply more information if you need it.

Originally posted by tinyrodent View Post
    Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. I use Blu-ray Copy to make hard disk image and then mount with DVDFab Virtual Drive. Then, I watch using PowerDVD 7.3 which was bundled with my Blu-ray drive. For most titles this works very well and avoids the noisy optical drive during movie playback.

However I recently got the movie Alien and there is a problem. No errors are reported at any step, but when attempting to play, it just shows a black screen and never gets to the menu or title. Playing the same disc directly from the optical drive works correctly.

I don't need a fix for this but I thought you might be interested and can supply more information if you need it.
    Can you post your logs, they are on your C drive under documents DVDFab post the internal log for this movie should be at the bottom
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Ok here are the logs I found in that folder.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear tinyrodent,

Please try to install the latest version DVDFab 8.1.3.3 to copy it again.

open Common Settings-A/V Codec set both video decoder and encoder as software.

Best regards,
        Knighter

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by tinyrodent View Post
          Ok here are the logs I found in that folder.
          There could be a few reasons this is happening please please update Fab software and try what has been said also install ImgBurn and set the up as you burn engine its free and setup instructions are in CBR929's signature which you can search for in this forum. This could also be a bad press, make sure the disc is clean also and nothing else is running in the background usually a bad disc with throw a 504 error but anything is possible. Also make sure your burner is up to date. Also make sure your video card is upto date as well
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I tried again with v8.1.3.2 and it plays correctly using virtual drive. This issue can be closed.

Comment

Working...
            X