Can't change Folders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change Folders!

DVDFab will not let me change either the temporary folder or the storage folder for the ripped BluRay film. It insists on using my C:\ drive and I want it to use my G:\ drive. Nothing I do will change the default of this program. Help!

Hi,

You could change the default output folder and temporary folder in Common Settings -> General. See the screenshot.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
    Attached Files
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I've tried that a dozen times with no success. For some reason the program will NOT let me change that C drive setting. I've tried using the default button in several ways without success. I can't figure that out!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Kemp View Post
        I've tried that a dozen times with no success. For some reason the program will NOT let me change that C drive setting. I've tried using the default button in several ways without success. I can't figure that out!
        Hi Paul Kemp,

1. If you are running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, you need to run DVDFab as administrator.
        2. Please go to Common Settings -> General, click on the button next to the "Output directory" and the "Temporary directory" box to change them to your G:\ drive, then make sure you click on "OK" (not Default), restart DVDFab to see the result.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Thanks Mona but no dice. I signed on as "Administrator" and again twice tried to change the drive and folder but the program just will not let me make a change. I can't understand this problem.
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Can anybody help, please? I have a small SSD for my C drive and I cannot change the default "save" location for DVDFab. I've tried all advice and nothing has worked yet. I've signed on as admin and tried everything several times. Does anybody have any clues as to why this is so fixed in concrete?
            I'm desperate!

Comment

Hi Paul Kemp
              I wil try a few things to help you and post back soon.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi Paul Kemp
                I have just changed the output to my E:\Drive copied a movie to it and it work perfect.
                Are you selecting your G:\Drive in the drop down as your target on the main screen also?
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, I changed the drop down box source......I've changed everything I know over the past month........I'm beside myself in frustration. NOTHING I do will change these two paths to another drive. Can anyone figure out what could be causing this thing to be so unchangeable? I've start the program as Administrator and I've changed every path I can find anywhere in the program. I've wiped out the folders in my C:\users\>>>>\my documents\DVDFab path.....they are no longer there.......but the paths shown in the program setting WILL NOT CHANGE EVER. Can anyone help please. Thank you.

Comment

I should have done this sooner but I'm a newbie: I again changed the target folder for ripping and it did save the movie to my selected drive. Now I have to figure out how to select the proper folder and files for burning. All suggestions appreciated. I do not know bluray file conventions. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X