Black Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Screen

i am having trouble with true blood season 3 discs 3 and 4, as well as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. they all copy and burn just fine but when i play them all i get is a black screen. all are full disc backups with true blood being highly compressed and gentlemen full disc with no compression. i have tried several versions of fab, including 8.1.3.3 beta and various settings but all end the same way. i can post logs but the true blood's are very long and gentlemen is very short. here is gentlemen's log to show my settings.

DVDFab 8.1.3.2 (2011/11/23 14:59:06)

0m 01.42s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 01.66s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 17.83s: detected blu-ray
    0m 17.83s: drive G
    0m 17.83s: blu-ray type 1
    0m 17.83s: volume label
    0m 18.40s: failed to open disc 0
    0m 57.09s: detected blu-ray
    0m 57.09s: iso H:\League of Extraordinary Gentlemen\ROMUDF25.iso
    0m 57.09s: blu-ray type 1
    0m 57.09s: volume label ROMUDF25
    0m 57.12s: aacs 0 bd+ 0
    0m 57.22s: got discinfo
    0m 57.23s: got bdmv
    0m 57.86s: got extended bdinfo
    0m 57.86s: opened blu-ray

Hi

1.Please send us all of your log files(internal, burn and process log) in the attachment.

2. " can post logs but the true blood's are very long and gentlemen is very short."

You can copy and paste the log related to the film with which you have problem to a new text file and post here.

Comment

i have included the logs for true blood season 3 disc 3. one thing i noticed is with the process log it shows an error but i don't think thats from true blood. i believe its from an older error. also you will notice that to compress it i had to use an older version as 8.1.3.2 freezes up after a few minutes only getting to a few tenths of a percent complete.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

1. Please load the bd 25 iso you got to DVDFab Virtual Drive(http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm) and play to see whether you will get the blank screen or not.

2. It is better to create an iso from the original disc with version 8.1.3.2 and then to burn to see the result.

Comment

i have tried that and all i get is a message that says the drive is empty from windows media player. i get that message will all the iso's i have cloned to my computer. is there a specific way view the movie in iso form?

Comment

i have tried these on the latest version and got the same results. i can also add camelot season 1 all 3 discs to this list as well.

Comment

Please load the bd 25 iso you got to DVDFab Virtual Drive(http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm) and play (PowerDVD or TMT) to see whether you will get the blank screen or not.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                Please load the bd 25 iso you got to DVDFab Virtual Drive(http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm) and play (PowerDVD or TMT) to see whether you will get the blank screen or not.

Wilson
                as i mentioned earlier, i have tried that and got an error saying the image is empty. i will try it again latter, maybe i was doing something wrong.

What is TMT?
                edit, found the answer to that, Total Media Theater.

Comment

ok, so after doing some research and getting power dvd to view iso files, i found that the clone ripped to my HDD is all black. i ran into this with Red and re ripped it with an older version of Fab and it came out fine. not sure what is causing this but i can at least check now before i even tr to back them up.

Comment

I just backed up a normal BluRay to 25GB (not 3D) and got the black screen.
                    But not sure if we are talking about the same 'black screen'
                    Basically what seems to be happening is when it hits a point on the disc where it should be playing video (even the video that plays on the menu screen) the counter sits at 00:00 and doesnt move.

The menu items appeared after a long time after hitting the disc menu button..... then I went to a specific scene... at like 21:30 or something... and when I clicked on it, the screen remained black, and the counter did not move.

I put the 25GB disc (Avatar) in my PC, the menu came up okay but video during the movie was herky jerky. For every 10 seconds of the movie, I saw maybe two frames.

I dont have an iso or backup folder on my HDD to test.. It did the copy and seemed to remove the backup folder.

Comment

it seems like we are getting the same thing. i don't get a menu or anything. wheni do a movie only it works fine everytime. its wheni do a full disc back up i get this issue.
                      when i play the cloned iso i will get the black screen also so i re-clone the disc and test it again before backing it up. i was able to get league of extraordinary gentlemen to work after i re-cloned the original to my hard drive. check your initial clones on your hard drive with power dvd before you back it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X