No Audio when ripping Blu-Ray movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Audio when ripping Blu-Ray movies

I just recently installed a blu-ray drive in my computer after using DVDFab for ripping DVD's for the past few years. I've tried a few different movies but haven't been able to get any of them to successfully rip with the audio intact. DVDFab defaults to include the English audio tracks. Most of the movies I've tried only have DTS HD MA audio. In those cases, the video file I end up with contains no audio. The properties for the file don't even show any information under audio.

Some movies have a secondary audio track with descriptive video service (DVS) that includes the original movie soundtrack plus a voiceover that describes what is on screen. Those audio tracks are either in the format of AC3-2 or AC3-5.1. When I select both the DTS HD MA track and the AC3 track to include in my copy, my final video file only ends up having the DVS track in the AC3 format.

From what I gathered while looking through different forum threads and web searches is that the DVDFab software is supposed to convert the DTS HD MA audio into AC3 5.1 audio for playback from the computer. Can anyone provide me with any help how to get my ripped blu-ray movies to playback audio?

Yes check remove HD Audio and it will down convert, try this and see if it helps
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Dear poit57,

Which movie you get this probelm?

Please try to install DVDFab 8.1.3.5 Beta to rip your blu-ray to see if it still no audio.

Best regards,

Knighter

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I had already tried both with and without the Remove HD Audio box checked because I wasn't sure what that was for when I first started trying to rip my Blu-ray movies. I have upgraded to 8.1.3.6 that was released on 12/1/11, but still get the same results. I have attached the properties for my video file to show that the video does not have any audio after ripping the movie with the Remove HD Audio button checked.

I have had the same results with all movies I've tried. Two of them are Quantum of Solace and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Click image for larger version

Name:	properties.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	307263

Comment

I had already tried both with and without the Remove HD Audio button checked because I wasn't sure what that button was for at first. I have since upgraded to version 8.1.3.6 that was released December 1 and still have no audio in the output video file. Am I correct that the AVCHD file in the Stream folder is the video file I'm looking for? I have attached the properties of one of these videos which shows no information in the audio section.

I have tried several movies. Two of them areQuantum of Solace and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Click image for larger version

Name:	properties.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	307264

Comment

It sounds to me like your computer's hardware is currently unable to convert or process DTS at all. First I was thinking it was a software problem, now I'm convinced it's hardware. When I got into blu-ray, due to my older computer being outdated and unable to handle it effectively, I found it necessary to get a new PC so I ended up building my own as you can see by my signature. You may need to upgrade, too.
            Last edited by SuperFist; 12-03-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

I am having the same issue.

Superfist. When the disc is loaded into dvdfab the dts audiotrack plays just fine in the player at the bottom left hand of the dvdfab window. I would think if it was a hardware problem, dvdfab could not play the track either.

Comment

I just installed Cyberlinks player and it is working fine now so it is a software issue. Like the OP I was trying to play through the WMP. I have ffdshow codec so either I did not have it configured correctly or there was a problem with WMP. I hate to say it but your solution might be a $40 one. The player is on sale right now from cyberlink.

Comment

I will probably upgrade my computer within the next 6 months, but right now my computer is based off a Core 2 Quad processor and 4GB of RAM. I could be wrong, but I would think that would be plenty to rip my Blu-ray movies. I would almost venture a guess that this would have something to do with codecs installed on my computer, but I would think DVDFab would have all the required components to perform the audio conversion, or at least make use of the same resources that PowerDVD uses to play my movies.

Comment

Originally posted by poit57 View Post
                    I will probably upgrade my computer within the next 6 months, but right now my computer is based off a Core 2 Quad processor and 4GB of RAM. I could be wrong, but I would think that would be plenty to rip my Blu-ray movies. I would almost venture a guess that this would have something to do with codecs installed on my computer, but I would think DVDFab would have all the required components to perform the audio conversion, or at least make use of the same resources that PowerDVD uses to play my movies.
                    Hmmmm... that should be plenty enough to rip them. Yeah, try PowerDVD or ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 as choices in blu-ray software.

Comment

Hi, poit57

I suppose that it could not check DTS audio track when right click properties of the file.

Please download MediaInfo and check the video details. It's a free tool!

http://cdnetworks-kr-2.dl.sourceforg...ndows_i386.exe

Please tell us the result!

Thanks!

Wilson
                      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-05-2011, 03:54 AM.
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

MediaInfo does indeed show that the video has a DTS audio stream. When I've been trying to use Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player to play the AVCHD video, neither of them recognize the audio stream during playback. When I tried to play with PowerDVD (version 9 came with my Blu-ray drive and I have not upgraded yet), PowerDVD plays the audio but does not play the video. PowerDVD has no issues playing directly from the blu-ray disc.

Comment

Hi,

Please update your PowerDVD to V10 or V11. When I play the m2ts file in PowerDVD9, not have sound, but V10 and V11 OK.

For BD movie, you should not play the m2ts file directly, use PowerDVD to play BD disc, TMT to play folder and disc.

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks to everyone here. I have it all figured out now. I was able to use another video conversion software to convert the AVCHD video to mp4 (same that I use for DVD's). This was my goal all along, but I thought not being able to play the video file after ripping from blu-ray meant I wasn't going to be able to proceed with the mp4 conversion. Everyone's answers here helped me figure out what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
                            X