Cinavia and Verance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia and Verance

I was recently reading in the Cinavia blogs, right after the lists of movies and devices that have Cinavia, it says "The bad news is Cinavia technology from Verance Corporation will become mandatory for all Blu-ray Disc players as of February 1, 2012." What exactly does that mean? Am I understanding it correctly that all manufacturers of all Blu-ray players will be required to incorporate this technology into their hardware?

You are correct, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by jimp124 View Post
      I was recently reading in the Cinavia blogs, right after the lists of movies and devices that have Cinavia, it says "The bad news is Cinavia technology from Verance Corporation will become mandatory for all Blu-ray Disc players as of February 1, 2012." What exactly does that mean? Am I understanding it correctly that all manufacturers of all Blu-ray players will be required to incorporate this technology into their hardware?
      So it's a hardware implementation? So this wouldn't effect older players? My player is a 1st generation sony blu-ray and I was planning on buying a current player that does not incorporate cinavia: The Panasonic DMP-BDT310 or the OPPO bd-93! What do you guys think?

Comment

Cinavia - No REASONABLE workaround

For those us who make MOVIE ONLY backups of our collections, there is no reasonable workaround for cinavia - at least not one coming from DVDFab as of yet. This is real disappointing. Now, once my current player becomes obsolete I will have to purchase a new one with NO CHOICE but to get one that is infected with Cinavia! I don't understand how laws like this can be made when it is legal to backup our own movies. I have always been a believer that ANY technology can be broken but it seems, after all this time since cinavia first came out, the studios finally have something that the very intelligent staff at DVDFab haven't come up with an answer for. I fear it will cost them many customers down the road. Many people are already looking for solutions elsewhere.

Comment

The thing with cinavia removal is they way they incorporate it. If you ever listen to music with artist singing and try to separate voice from music it's next to impossible.

Cinavia works in same manner except it you can't hear it. As you can see removal will be much challenging.
          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

For those us who make MOVIE ONLY backups of our collections, there is no reasonable workaround for cinavia - at least not one coming from DVDFab as of yet. This is real disappointing. Now, once my current player becomes obsolete I will have to purchase a new one with NO CHOICE but to get one that is infected with Cinavia!
            What do you mean? Protected backups is also available for Movie Only. I assume your player is not a PS3, that's why you're worrying for the future, right?

I have always been a believer that ANY technology can be broken but it seems, after all this time since cinavia first came out, the studios finally have something that the very intelligent staff at DVDFab haven't come up with an answer for. I fear it will cost them many customers down the road. Many people are already looking for solutions elsewhere.
            Elsewhere? Where? Did anyone else did anything at all about Cinavia?
            I think, by the interest DVDFab showed to Cinavia, that they work on it.

DVDFab also mentioned they'll do BDAV protected backups which will be compatible with most of the bluray players. It simply was not a priority since only PS3 was having it for now and BDMV protected backups was a better option for PS3.

Comment

Yeah, I would trust DVDFab over any other software company to come up with a tried and true solution to Cinavia encryption.

Comment

Working...
              X