Error when its time to burn - Log Included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when its time to burn - Log Included

So I have a Pirates 4 3D BluRay that I'm trying to do something with as my first 3D BluRay experiment.

I'm trying to end up on a 25GB BD-R. From what I have read, its best to do full copys to a 50GB disc and not 25GB. But then I saw that you can convert into a 25GB disc using SBS (Side By Side) within Blu-Ray Copy.
    And becasue of cost, I'm avoiding 50GB discs right now.

Stop me if I"m trying to do something I can't do.
    Its hard getting into Blu-Ray Backups (3D on top of it) as there is not a '3D Backup for Dummies' FAQ anywhere around here that I can see.
    Most of the posts are people that already know the lingo - and they post questions - having either experience or familiarity with the topic.

The Process:
    ------------------
    1) Did a full copy of my Blu-Ray 3D movie to the Hard Drive, selecting the SBS option. (Did not compress.. kept it at 50GB)

2) From the HDD, I did another copy - aiming at the Blu-Ray burner.
    Selected the HDD directory for the source... and my Blu-Ray 25GB for the destination.
    Did the 25GB compression.
    Everything seems to run fine up to the point of where the Blu-Ray should burn, then I get the error:
    Task_2 failed! Error=105: 06:25:29
    Process failed!: 06:25:31

See the log below for details.

I dont think I"m making coasters, as the next time I put the blank BD-R media in the drive, windows auto starts a window like its a blank disk.

So the obvious questions are:
    1) Am I doing something wrong or impossible in the process?
    2) If I'm having issues buring.. are there alternative ways to burn?
    (example: can I create an .iso image and burn that to a BD-R? (outside of DVD Fab) will it play in a player if I burn it that way?)

I've got the DVD backups down, but now am getting involved with my BR discs and I feel like I need to relearn everything. lol.

--------------------------------------------------
    You are going to try "Blu-ray Copy" option.: 19:20:41
    Analyzing started: 19:20:46
    Analyzing completed successfully: 19:22:56
    Copy process started: 19:22:56
    No compression needed: 19:23:00
    No compression needed: 19:23:01
    Video reencode bitrate (301 kbps): 19:23:04
    Lightning-Recoding (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding) enabled
    : 19:23:04
    Source( 00170.m2ts )
    : 19:23:09
    Video reencode bitrate (301 kbps): 19:27:01
    : 19:27:01
    Source( 00169.m2ts )
    : 19:27:06
    Video reencode bitrate (313 kbps): 19:30:58
    : 19:30:58
    Source( 00173.m2ts )
    : 19:31:03
    Source( 00082.m2ts )
    : 19:34:11
    Video reencode bitrate (415 kbps): 19:38:35
    : 19:38:35
    Source( 00167.m2ts )
    : 19:38:40
    Copy process completed successfully: 01:30:47
    Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\PR41NNE2\) started: 01:30:47
    Task_2 failed! Error=105: 06:25:29
    Process failed!: 06:25:31

Hi dgrams
    Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, also disable Lightning-Recoding restart Fab and try again.

What is the output size on your HDD?
    105 HWS_TOOBIG 5 // Files are too big to fit on a DVD+/-R(W)
    You may have better luck with ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find instructions on setting it up with Fab in the link in my signature.
    Please post complete logs of the latest attempt, the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 12-09-2011, 03:59 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Please compress to bd25 with SBS 3D format.
      It's not the SBS 3D format when output bd50 in full disc mode, it's an known error!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

@CBR929:
        I followed your instructions with the Options changes.
        Re-Ripped to the HDD (to 50GB size)

I loaded ImageBurn as you suggested.
        ReRan the copy off the HDD to 25GB, burning with ImageBurn.

I got a BD-R that was written about 45% of the way through, looks to have only one side (left or right) and is very pixelated. (To the point of how movies looked when we used to burn them to CDs way back, years ago)
        Wasted a BD-R, but it wrote to the disc okay using imageburn.

@Wilson.Wang:
        To confirm... I should copy the movie to the HDD, using SBS3D, and compressing to 25GB (which will take a long long time.. )
        Then when it comes time to burn, what method should I use?
        Just another Blu-Ray copy, outputting to Disc? Any options that I need to set for that portion? Do you reccommend that I use the settings that CBR929 posted?
        (Just trying not to make another $4 Coaster)

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Comment

Hi,

Please compress to bd25 with SBS 3D format (to HDD), then use the write data moudle to burn to disc by imgburn.
          And I reccommend that I use the settings that CBR929 posted when compressing to bd25.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
            Got it to work, but playback seems to be in low bitrate and the picture seems kind crummy. (Not like compressing a normal 50GB BluRay to 25GB)

I'll probably start converting to 50GB discs for 3D. Unless something changes for 3D compression. I'm guessing all 3D movies will be in the 50GB range because of the Left and Right pictures.

Comment

Working...
            X