A/V Codec Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/V Codec Options

Can anyone explain the options in "A/V Codec" and what they accomplish? I'm having the same problems as many people it seems (Blu-rays burn just fine, but black screen immediately or after the previews) and I'd like to know what these various options accomplish.

Unless you have a high end video card you want to set your codecs to software, this allows Fab to use the built in codecs for compression and copying. They seem to be the least problematic!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I have a very good computer and video card, but I really just want every rip to work with 1 setup.... Core i5, ATI Radeon HD6700, 8 GB RAM, but I just want movies to play every time once I've successfully ripped them.

I have a lifetime subscription for Blu-ray Copy, but I have friends that use Other Software and don't have these problems.
      Last edited by CBR929; 12-14-2011, 02:21 AM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to mention competitors. It's frustrating that I've fully paid for DVDFab Blu-ray copy and mine isn't working, but the competition works every time (at least his do).

Comment

A/V Codec is used when you shrink or rip to another format (ie. when there's a video conversion).
          If you just do a BD-copy with no shrinking those options are not in use.

Please tell us what you want to do, what kind of bd copy and attaching some logs would be good

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
            A/V Codec is used when you shrink or rip to another format (ie. when there's a video conversion).
            If you just do a BD-copy with no shrinking those options are not in use.

Please tell us what you want to do, what kind of bd copy and attaching some logs would be good
            I'm converting all mine to ISO. Some I'm shrinking to BD25 (movies I really don't care about -- smurfs for example), but for 90% of my movies it's a straight Blu-ray to .ISO.

Comment

What are the preferred settings (things to change outside the defaults) for:

1) Full rip to .iso
              2) Full rip to .iso (shrink to BD25 format to save space)

Comment

Working...
              X