Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working with 3D Backups-If I clone to .iso - any way to test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with 3D Backups-If I clone to .iso - any way to test?

So, I'm waiting for a shipment of 50GBs to arrive... in the mean time, I"m playing around with DVDFab BluRay Copy since I recently forked out the bucks for it...

If I run a Clone on a movie (a 3D movie in this case) into an .iso image on the hard drive... is there anything I can do with it or any way to test it since many people seem to be having full BR issues?

Or is it only good for burning back onto a 50GB disc?
    When you do a clone, it doenst create miniiso, so I cant play it thru DVDFab virutal drive.

For "Clone", DVDFab creates a normal ISO file, not miniso.

You can mount the normal ISO file in DVDFab Virtual Drive and play it with a software blu-ray player.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
      So, I'm waiting for a shipment of 50GBs to arrive... in the mean time, I"m playing around with DVDFab BluRay Copy since I recently forked out the bucks for it...

If I run a Clone on a movie (a 3D movie in this case) into an .iso image on the hard drive... is there anything I can do with it or any way to test it since many people seem to be having full BR issues?

Or is it only good for burning back onto a 50GB disc?
      When you do a clone, it doenst create miniiso, so I cant play it thru DVDFab virutal drive.
      At the cost of BD50, I would also pick up 1 BDRE so you dont make coasters!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        At the cost of BD50, I would also pick up 1 BDRE so you dont make coasters!
        Yes.. I think I will get one.

Comment

When it comes time to burn one of these full .iso files - - Can I just right click on it and burn it using windows 7 iso burning capability...? or should I use Imgburn? (I think I know what the answer will be.. but I'm just wondering if there is a difference)

Comment

Originally posted by dgrams View Post
            When it comes time to burn one of these full .iso files - - Can I just right click on it and burn it using windows 7 iso burning capability...? or should I use Imgburn? (I think I know what the answer will be.. but I'm just wondering if there is a difference)
            Interesting question. I'd like to know the answer to that to.
            If it's an iso, we could effectively use any writing s/w, unless it has to be written onto the disc in a certain way.

Comment

Got my 50GB Rewritables.
              I took my .iso file and used IMGBURN to burn it to disk.

Didnt try the windows tool for buring iso's yet.
              Maybe someday I'll try it, but as long as ImgBurn keeps working.. I'll just keep using this.

Comment

Working...
              X