Watch Blu-ray copy BD-25 disk on ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Blu-ray copy BD-25 disk on ps3

Can the disks made with Blu-ray copy be viewed on a PS3.
    I tried creating iso image with Blu-ray copy and then burning them on a BD-25 and I was unable to view these on my PS3.

Dear emont69,

Can you play the disc on your computer? If yes, please check if there's a firmware update of your PS3.

You can also check if other Blu-ray disc can play on your PS3.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
    Knighter

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thanks for answering. My PS3 is up to date there are no available updates.
      Also I can confirm that I have 3 different movies that work on my computer but not on my ps3.

Comment

Use ImgBurn!

emont69,

It sounds like you're trying to burn discs through DVDFab. I would highly recommend burning them with a handy free program by the name of ImgBurn. Download it here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

First use DVDFab to break encryption and copy the movie to your HDD. Then you use ImgBurn to burn it to a disc to play on your PS3. Use the ImgBurn instructions and settings here to get your computer ready to burn PS3 compatible Blu-ray discs: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

After burning blu-ray discs in this way as opposed to burning them through DVDFab, I have NEVER had an issue with a disc not playing in my PS3.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 12-17-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I tried this today and unfortunately I didn't get better results. The disc still plays on computer I've created it from but it won't play on my ps3.

I've noticed that there are a few files and directories on the original blu-ray disc that are missing from the iso I create.
          The names of the files and directories even seem to be ps3 specific.
          e.g. PS_UPDATE, PSE_VPRM, PS3_DISC.SFB

Any idea what these are for and should they be included in the disc I burn?

Thanks

Comment

Did you follow the instructions in the links for ImgBurn in my post above?

I GUARANTEE you won't have a problem playing the burned blu-ray discs in the PS3 if you do. I always use Optical Quantum BD25 discs.

Comment

Working...
            X