Some rips coming out at 720x480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some rips coming out at 720x480

I just started ripping my collection using Blu-ray Copy of "Main Movie" only. When browsing through the .m2ts files I've already ripped that are on my HD, I see that some of them are at 720x480 instead of 1920x1080. I know they should all be 1920x1080 because that is what it says on the box. For instance, "Jarhead" and "The Hangover" both show up as 720x480. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I am missing? I can re-rip them if necessary to get the full resolution. I am using the latest version of DVDFab and I bought the complete Blu-ray set of programs (not sure what it's called).

I just ripped "The Departed" and it also says that it is 720x480. This information is coming from Windows Explorer (Win7). I click on the file and at the bottom of the window, I get a bunch of information about the files, like size, length, and framed width and height. I opened the files in Power DVD9 and I can't find where it shows the resolution of the file. I opened it in VLC and under Tool>Media Information>Codec, it says the file is 1920x1080. And to be honest, it looks like a 1080p file on my computer screen. So, why would Windows show these files as being 720x480?

Comment

Ask Bill Gates.

Seriously though. Download and use MediaInfo to correctly report the info on your files.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-17-2011, 07:11 AM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Ask Bill Gates.

Seriously though. Download and use MediaInfo to correctly report the info on your files.
        I wrote Bill an e-mail. He still hasn't responded.

As for MediaInfo...I downloaded it and it works well. Thanks for the tip. I'm still curious to know why Windows sometimes displays incorrect media information.

Comment

Because Windows media detection is a POS!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X