Setting Target default drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Target default drive

Is there a way to change the default "Target" drive for Blu-ray Copy? The program always defaults to the optical drive...I would like it to default to a directory on my hard drive for ripping. I looked through all the options and can't figure it out. Thanks.

Originally posted by shmn View Post
    Is there a way to change the default "Target" drive for Blu-ray Copy? The program always defaults to the optical drive...I would like it to default to a directory on my hard drive for ripping. I looked through all the options and can't figure it out. Thanks.
    see attachment..this is for standard dvd but should work for blu-ray
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      see attachment..this is for standard dvd but should work for blu-ray
      That did it. Thank you very much for the help.

Comment

That did it. Thank you very much for the help.
        Your welcome.

Comment

I mistakenly reset my preferences to default and now I can't seem to get the target default drive to change from the Blu ray player to a hard drive. I tried to above solution but something must have changed and I don't have the "DVD Copy" settings choice anymore. Using version 8.1.7.8. I have the output directory set to a hard drive (M: drive) as I am ripping my Blu rays to BDMV folders on my drives. But it still defaults to output to the Blu ray drive. Enclosed is a picture of my settings window. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi shmn
            A few things you can try in Fab settings under general un-check memorize user interface options, also Customize UI, make sure show registered options only is unchecked, restart Fab and try to see if DVD Copy comes back.

If not uninstall Fab clean the registry with CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ run it until nothing is found, then reinstall Fab http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17306

Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also, see Grunon's post above...
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hi shmn
                A few things you can try in Fab settings under general un-check memorize user interface options, also Customize UI, make sure show registered options only is unchecked, restart Fab and try to see if DVD Copy comes back.

If not uninstall Fab clean the registry with CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ run it until nothing is found, then reinstall Fab http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17306

Hope this helps
                CBR929
                I did the first two things with no change. Uninstalled, Crap Cleaned, reinstalled and now it defaults output to my hard drive (M: drive). So, that fixed the problem. However, I still don't have a "DVD Copy" section under settings. I posted another photo. Is there supposed to be a "DVD Copy" section? I know there used to be one because I changed those settings like Grunon suggested back in December. BTW...thanks for help!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  Also, see Grunon's post above...
                  Hey GregiBoy
                  Gruñón's post shows DVD Copy, shmn's screen shot does not...

Hi shmn
                  Yes, it should be there.
                  Do you see it under Customize UI under options group?
                  This is strange.
                  CBR929

EDIT: Try this by uninstalling Fab You need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab8 because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt. You can uninstall DVDFab with the uninstall program. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab. Then restart computer and check if there are some related files left, if does, please delete them.

Then run CCleaner again until nothing is found then reinstall Fab

Instead of clicking run click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator, make sure that you restart your computer.
                  CBR929
                  Last edited by CBR929; 04-27-2012, 01:35 AM. Reason: EDIT
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi shmn
                    Yes, it should be there.
                    Do you see it under Customize UI under options group?
                    It's not under the Customize UI (screenshot attached). I will try your solution and get back to you. Thanks again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ok. I followed your steps. There was nothing in the prefetch folder that looked pertinent (attached screenshot) so I didn't delete any of those files.

I also uninstalled DVDfab Virtual Drive and erased the DVDfab folder under ProgramData. Ran CC a bunch till nothing showed up. Restarted and installed as administrator. And restarted.

DVD Copy still doesn't show up in the settings menu. It does show up as an option in the left window pane of the main program (but that was always there).

Another odd thing is that DVDfab remembered I want the M: drive as the output...so there must be another file on the computer that is storing some sort of preferences otherwise how would the DVDfab know to use that drive from all my other drives after doing an uninstall and clean install? Sounds like that preference file (or whatever it is) may be corrupted.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi shmn,

If your DVD Copy expired, you will not have "DVD Copy" in Common Settings window, please check the status of DVD Copy on the welcome screen of DVDFab. And if you are a paid user of DVD Copy, please login the user center at http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm with your registered email to download the license key then register DVDFab again.

As for Target, you can click on the yellow folder icon next to the Target box, manually change it to your hard drive.

Regards,
                        mona
                        Last edited by Mona; 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Another odd thing is that DVDfab remembered I want the M: drive as the output...so there must be another file on the computer that is storing some sort of preferences otherwise how would the DVDfab know to use that drive from all my other drives after doing an uninstall and clean install? Sounds like that preference file (or whatever it is) may be corrupted.
                          Hi shmn
                          I agree with with you, as your UI has (+ and -) in settings, mine is different see pic.

Please do as Mona said and check if DVD Copy has expired, even if expired I do not know why I would not show up.

To check open Fab click the ? click about, this should show your registered options, please do not post a screen shot of this page unless you edit your name an license numbers out.

If you have not registered in the members area before choose the option create an account.
                          Hope this helps
                          CBR929
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                            If your DVD Copy expired, you will not have "DVD Copy" in Common Settings window, please check the status of DVD Copy on the welcome screen of DVDFab.

As for Target, you can click on the yellow folder icon next to the Target box, manually change it to your hard drive.
                            DVD Copy is shown as expired on the welcome page. I only paid for a lifetime license of the Blu-ray suite.

I don't need or want DVD Copy, except for the fact that when I posted my original question about permanently setting the default output drive, I was told by Grunon in post #2 above that the setting for that feature is under the DVD Copy settings menu.

But I guess it doesn't matter now because the default drive now is automatically staying on the drive I want...which it wasn't doing before. I guess all the uninstalling and installing did something.

Hi shmn
                            I agree with with you, as your UI has (+ and -) in settings, mine is different see pic.

Please do as Mona said and check if DVD Copy has expired, even if expired I do not know why I would not show up.
                            The only reason I can see why our UI would be different is that I have my Windows 7 theme set to "Windows Classic". As to why the DVD Copy settings menu has disappeared...I guess it's one of those mysteries the programers can look at...unless it's supposed to disappear once that part of the program expires.

In any event, like I said, my original problem has been addressed and the program is defaulting to correct output drive. I appreciate the time and help provided by those on this forum.

Comment

Hi shmn
                              Glad to help and it's working for you now.
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X