Enable Full Scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable Full Scan?

I'm not sure what the "scanning" feature actually does. I found this blurb in the online manual which describes the features:

Enable full scan

Since the logic of scanning just search 10% of full disc, which is not very accurate. If you want to get the perfect and accurate result, please enable this full scan function.
    If I am copying just the "main movie", will turning on "full scan" help? I am not re-compressing or downsizing the movies. When it says "if you want to get the perfect and accurate result" what are they referring to?

Anyway, the feature is defaulted to "off" so I am wondering if I should enable this feature.

Overall, I am glad I am happy with the DVDFab products but the documentation and product explanations are lacking. This forum has been helpful, though.

Bumping this. I've posted this many times and got no real answer. I rip the main movie 1:1 and since I store it on hard drives, size doesn't really matter. We should be able to disable this and it shouldnt affect quality, but i've gotten no real answer.

Comment

I ended up e-mailing tech support. They responded fairly quickly but only with a link to this post: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12303

That link doesn't provide any more insight in my opinion. I'm pretty sure the scanning only applies if you will be re-compressing the video. And if you are going to re-compress then I would do a full scan to get the best possible quality.

Like I've said earlier, I think DVDFab puts out a good product but the documentation sucks. Some of that may be due to language barriers but the problem is mostly that they need someone who is competent at writing technical documentation. If I didn't already have a full time job, I would offer my services.

Comment

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12303

...I'm pretty sure the scanning only applies if you will be re-compressing the video. And if you are going to re-compress then I would do a full scan to get the best possible quality.

^^^ What he said... combined with the link ^^^
        Last edited by SuperFist; 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X