6x Verbatims unplayable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6x Verbatims unplayable

I recently purchased verbatim 6x blu rays and have failed 4 times to burn playable discs. I get a "burn successfully" message on FAb but my panasonic player gives me the message that the discs are "imcompatible" When using a TDK 6x I had no problem but my computer doesn't even see anything on the Verbatims.

Mine are OK

I just recently purchased Verbatims BD-R LTH Type 6X. I have done 3 newer movies with no problems viewing on my Samsung Blu Ray player. I have not changed any settings for the software. Use all the defaught settings. Why change makers of the blank disks ?? Are both brands the same, BD-R or BD+R ?? Whatever is working you should stay with. I would.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnpayd View Post
      I recently purchased verbatim 6x blu rays and have failed 4 times to burn playable discs. I get a "burn successfully" message on FAb but my panasonic player gives me the message that the discs are "imcompatible" When using a TDK 6x I had no problem but my computer doesn't even see anything on the Verbatims.
      You have to see if your panny is compatible with these discs. In the FW release notes it should tell you! Not all LTH disc are the same. For instance a FW update for my BD Burner added support for some other brand LTH discs.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I normally use Verbatim 6x LTH disks without a problem but these 6x just don't work. I tried using Imgburn yesterday and an error message came up about half way through. My computer wont read any of the burned disks as well as my player. I have no problems with the TDK 6x blu rays. Anyway, I contacted SuperMedia and am returning the Verbatims that are unopened

Comment

What was the Img error message that popped up?
          Post the Img burn log.

Comment

I don't recall. But at least I got an error message. When I used Fab's burned, it completed the burn without indicating that there was a problem

Comment

Hi Johnpayd
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I've been using Verb 2x LTH for at least a year and had no problems. Then I also went with the Verb 6x LTH and have had nothing but problems. The 2x's are getting harder to find.

I'm getting failed to burn and skipping and freezing. I changed fab's burn from recomended to 2x and its seemed to help. The reviews on these disks were bad, I should of learned from that. The reviews on the verb 6x non-LTH are excellent. I just missed a good deal at Amazon on these, will have to wait till it comes around again. The deal was 25 cake box, $39.25 plus free shipping.

PS. I am actually using the bad ones as drink coasters around my house. Wife thinks I'm nuts.

Comment

I have found out (backing up my LOTR BluRays)
                  that when I burn at max speed with these (6x)
                  I get odd looking rings on the bottom of the discs.
                  On LOTR, I found that the main menu wouldnt come up (on one of my 3 players)

I changed write speeds to 2X - and have not had a problem since with the odd looking burns on the discs.. AND it corrected my issues with LOTR hanging where the menu does not come up on top of the LOTR logo screen.

I will aways burn my media at 2X from this point.

Comment

Working...
                  X