• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen on Clone - Shrek 3D

Looks like I just ran into the 'black screen' (of death?) lol

I did a Clone of my Shrek 3D into an .iso
    Took the iso and burned it thru ImgBurn

Popped the BR-RW into my player, and at the point where the menu should pop up.. the screen stays black with 00:00 on the player.

I used the reccommended settings that were posted in ealier threads in the codec settings
    "Open Fab click the Click the Green √ at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, also disable Lightning-Recoding restart Fab and try again."

I'm trying another .iso but leaving the codec settings as default to see if anything is different...
    Has anything been figured out (or is this a problem that is being looked into?) with the Black Screen thing?

I changed back to default settings as mentioned in the prior post, and the disc still burned the same way - resulting in a black screen and apparent hangup.

Comment

i have had the same problem backing up all 4 shrek 3d films.try doing full movie and removing hd audio it worked for me for some reason the hd audio was stopping it playing but as soon as i selected another audio channel it played normal took me 3 trys to work it out maybe its a bug that needs sorting this has only happened to me with the shrek films hope this helps you.

Comment

Also did a backup of Megamind 3D (from my Samsung excluive pack thingy that came with the TV) got the same results. Black Screen instead of menu.

Comment

Also ran a BluRay Full Copy of Shrek 3D to disc and it ended up with the same black screen.

Comment

Downgraded to 8.1.2.5 and got the same results.

..But Thor works..

Not having luck with my Dreamworks 3D movies.

Comment

Originally posted by toppotter View Post
              i have had the same problem backing up all 4 shrek 3d films.try doing full movie and removing hd audio it worked for me for some reason the hd audio was stopping it playing but as soon as i selected another audio channel it played normal took me 3 trys to work it out maybe its a bug that needs sorting this has only happened to me with the shrek films hope this helps you.
              I'll give this a shot..

Comment

... If I do a Clone or Full Disc (Choosing Copy as BluRay 3D) you dont get a choice to remove HD audio.

The remove HD audio only shows up when converting to SBS.
                Is this what you did by chance?
                Is SBS any lesser quality?

I thought 1:1 is always the preferred method?

I'll try it (since I'm just going to rewritable anyways...)

Comment

the remove hd audio should be checked on the first page before you get to tick for sbs and yes i did do it sbs and there is no noticeable difference in quality.let us know how you get on!

Comment

I check to do the Full Backup,
                    Remove HD Audio, and click to do the SBS copy.
                    I chose a folder to write to, kept the 50GB disc size...

Started the backup job, and it starts out with
                    "Copying 00066.m2ts" and the MB through rate just dips from 16MB/sec to 0.61MB/Sec and the machine doesnt seem to be doing anything.

I'll let it run for a little while to see if it really is doing anything.. but it doesnt appear like it is (after 20min so far)

Its not looking good for me.

Comment

... 2.25% after 1hr45min.. sigh.

Its going, but this could be the longest failure I've had to date.

Comment

Eventually it did nothing. The folder that it was writing to stopped increasing in size. Cancelled job.

Comment

Please compress to bd25 and have a try!

It's not SBS 3D format when copy to bd50 with SBS 3d format at before. It's frozen now

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

hi, all

For blackscreen disc which copied by DVDFab, please try to play the biggest m2ts file in BDMV folder by using other file player, make sure the file is can be correctly played, and tell me result.

thanks.

Comment

My problem has been corrected. See link : http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15939

Comment

Working...
                              X