Blu Ray Backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray Backups

I received a BluRay burner for Christmas this year. needless to say, I was quite happy.

So, due to the high price of the BD50 blanks, I went with the BD25.

Being I knew the movie was going to compress to fit on the 25gig blank, I chose to backup "main movie only".

Reason i am making this post, is, I cannot get over how amazing the backup(s) look. And, this is on a 55" TV. I'm not sure if my expectations were low being the movie had to compress to fit on the blank, or, if I am just imagining this, but, honestly, I can't even seem to tell the difference between the original or the backup.

So far I backed up Avatar and The new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this and see how everyone else feels about the quality of the backups using BD25 discs.

I'm quite happy

DVDFab is a fantastic program and I agree, the compressed quality when properly done looks practically indistinguishable from the original movie. I'm glad you enjoy the product. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
      DVDFab is a fantastic program and I agree, the compressed quality when properly done looks practically indistinguishable from the original movie. I'm glad you enjoy the product. Welcome!
      Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was really a surprise to me when I saw the result.

I really want to try a BD50 disc, but, $10.00 per blank is a real downer

Comment

Yes, the price of BD50's is way too much.......I found out from a friend that Blockbuster is closing a lot of stores and selling their stock of BD,s for 5 for $30.00...I pick up a lot of good ones , Including Avatar, Pirates of Carb Stranger Tides, Inception ect, ect.....all are used but in mint condition and even Best Buy as a lot of BD movies for only $8.00

Comment

Originally posted by GaryJ73167 View Post
          Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it was really a surprise to me when I saw the result.

I really want to try a BD50 disc, but, $10.00 per blank is a real downer
          For a limited time at Supermediastore.com you can get a 10 pack of Optical Quantum 6X BD-R DL 50GB discs for $44.99 shipped! That's only $4.50 a disc! That's the lowest price I've seen BD50's anywhere.
          Last edited by SuperFist; 12-28-2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

25GB burns are great for regular BluRays using DVDFab.

Sometimes I do find myself having to do just the movie portion vs. the whole disc, becaue of technical difficulties getting them to work .. but over all I am very happy with it.

3D movies are normally larger and for those I use the 50GB discs (Quantum, as mentioned above) - but I've been limited in the 3D movies I've gotten to work either through Full Copy or Clone Copy.

My suggestion is to invest in some rewritable blu-rays (25GB and 50GB) because BluRay seems a little more difficult to get working than DVD.

Comment

are the optical blu rays any good?

Are they good?

Comment

Working...
              X