Rio 3D side by side problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rio 3D side by side problem

The compressed (25 gig) version of Rio that I generate (using Blu-ray Copy) from a clone iso in 3D side by side has poor 3D imaging. It also makes me a bit nauseous when I try and watch it. I have only made two other compressed 3D backups before this - Green Lantern and Dispicable Me - and both had very good 3D imaging. I generated the compressed copy of Rio using only the software codecs.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone can suggest an adjustment I should make?

Thanks,

--bob

Dear rjl2005

Please change a mode to compress the clone iso file again to see the result.

You can also change other software players to see if you can play it well.
    Stereoscopic Player: http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx

Best regards,
    Knighter

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi, Knighter -

Thanks for the quick reply. What do you mean by chaning the "mode"?

What I am doing is compressing using 3D side by side to a 25 gig iso that I can burn to a blu ray disc for viewing on a Samsung blu ray player connected to my TV. Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Comment

I did a SBS to 25GB disc of Thor and was very much displeased by the results.

I think Thor has lots of data on the original disc (40+ Gig?)
        So I think compressing it down to 22GB was just too much to ask for.

Maybe Rio has a lot of data, and the other ones you've backed up didnt have much compressing to do? Just a guess.

I'm trying to write all my 3Ds to 50GB discs now (a little more pricey, but worth it) so I dont run into compression issues on 25GB Discs.

Comment

if the 3d image dosent look correct put your 3d settings up on your 3d tv and look for picture correction and alter from left to right or right to left to see if it improves the image

Comment

toppotter:

Thanks for the reply. I am starting to get the hang of all of this. Previously, I had tried to check for the left-right change, but I it was greyed out. I never tried it again as I thought it was unavailable on my set.

After reading your reply, I tried again, but this time with the disc in the player. It had not occurred to me previously that I need to have the disc in the player, etc. Anyway, changing the left-right to right-left fixed my problem with the 3D in RIO. Also, as I do not fully understand the side by side technology for 3D (I do have a sense of how it works), I did not grasp that the order (left-right or right-left) made a difference.

As I work with DVDFAB and with 3D on my set ( have only had the set for a month, read the various guides and FAQs on this forum and ask questions, I am starting to learn the ins and outs of all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl2005 View Post
              As I work with DVDFAB and with 3D on my set ( have only had the set for a month, read the various guides and FAQs on this forum and ask questions, I am starting to learn the ins and outs of all of this.
              Good job so far. I'm in the same boat. We just got our new TV and 3D setup a month ago also. Seeing things work is avery satisfying feeling.

Comment

Hi, dgrams:

I read your post about Thor. After my various trial-and-error attempts, asking questions, and reading the various guides, I appears to me that the greater the amount of compression, the more that the quality of the copy suffers.

As I have Thor, I made a clone iso and then made a 3D copy of the main movie. This worked very well. I tried to make a 3D copy of the whole movie and the quality of the copy was very poor. (btw, I am using read-writeable discs, so that I am not making a lot of coasters).

I hope this is of some help to you.

Comment

Working...
                X