3 questions about Blu ray copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 questions about Blu ray copy

I have three questions about making blu ray copies (actually, I have many questions as I am relatively new to the DVDFAB software, but I am working my way through the tutorials and the forum discussions):

First, when making a clone-iso copy, are the codecs used? When I do a full-disc copy or main-movie copy, I understand that the codecs are used. I normally disable the hardware codecs and use software only. I am just curious if I need to do this when I am making a clone-iso copy (currently I am disabling)?

Second, what is the difference between a clone copy and a full-movie copy? I understand the clone copy is a bit-by-bit copy, but how is that different from the full copy?

Third, other than the file format, is there any difference as to whether I make a folder backup or an iso backup when making a full-movie copy?

Thanks,

rjl2005

Some answers (from my point of view)

Question 2: You can alter some settings when doing the Full Copy (like remove HD audio, compress to 25GB, Convert 3d into Side By Side, etc... for example) So there is a difference.

Question 3: You can burn from folders or .iso on the hard drive - you may find technical differences from time to time using one or the other.
    Sometimes burining through DVDfab works fine.. other times you may want to burn using the ImgBurn product (which integrates with DVDFab)
    If you make a backup into an .iso, I find it easier to burn multiple copies using ImgBurn, without even running DVDfab (after the .iso is created)
    Reason for multiple copies? Copy #1 always goes to my Rewritable BluRay as a test. Copy #2 (if #1 works) goes to a permamnet BluRay.

Backing up BluRay has been a hit or miss for me so far (not as reliable as the DVD backup) The best investment to make are a couple rewritables, as you will go through a ton of coasters with BluRay

Comment

dgrams:

Thanks for the reply. As for my first question, based on my review of the internal logs, it appears to me that the codecs are not used in a clone copy.

In reading many of your other posts, I did order a few bd-re and one bd-re dl discs. I can see that copying, as you have written, is hit or miss.

I am beginning to understand the process better, which helps me avoid many of the misses.

Comment

also the idea of making a .iso or .miniso is a great way to test the copy from the hard drive if you have a program like powerdvd or windvd with blue ray support. burning blue rays from dvdfab directly is known to cause burning issues, some suggestions are using imgburn and other programs like nero, roxio, and power2go to burn .iso files. i've had the most success with nero and power2go, granted i havent burned many blue rays.

Comment

Working...
        X