Blurays won't play in PowerDVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurays won't play in PowerDVD

I tried making a back up of a few bluray discs using DVDFab and while they have no problem playing in my Oppo BDP-83, whenever I try to play them back on my computer using the latest PowerDVD I get an error saying the discs are an incompatible format. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

version of powerdvd?

Comment

PowerDVD 11 Ultra 2329.53. I should add that store bought Blurays and Blurays I burn with Nero play fine in PowerDVD. It is only Blurays I burn with DVDFab I have a problem with.

Comment

I'm using PowerDVD Ultra version 11.0.2408.53. I should add that Blurays burned in Nero or original copies bought from a store have no problems playing in PowerDVD

Comment

just wanted to make sure you didnt have some old version that didnt support blu-rays.

If you make mini iso files with your rip and mount the drive using the DVDFab Virutal Drive program, are they playable then?

Comment

I haven't tried to make a mini iso? Why should I need to mount a disc image to be able to read a real disc from a disc drive?

Comment

I guess I was thinking on the line of troubleshooting, not a permament solution.

I was thinking of trying to play your Ripped material in PowerDVD from the HardDrive.. just to see if it works. (Before burning it to media)

Maybe there is something odd in that version of PowerDVD that wont play stuff that is ripped?

Not sure.. I'm just throwin ideas to try out there.

Comment

I figured if the discs I burn with Nero work then that should rule out not playing ripped stuff, no?

Comment

I guess that is an assumption you can make.

I just went through something (a different situation than yours)
                  where I was able to write a movie sucessfully to a Rewritable BluRay, and could do it over and over with that movie and it worked every time.
                  But for some reason, every other movie I put on that same media would not play in my devices.

I kept beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why I'm having such a problem getting things working, and it all came down to the brand of media I was using.

I had assumed since it worked for one, it should work for all movies I burn, right? Nope. I tried a differnt type of disc and everything that wasnt working, worked fine.

Just one of those 'unexplainable' things where it is hard to figure out what the issue was.

Maybe its that you burn thru Nero? Have you tried the ImgBurn that everyone around here recommends? Maybe its your discs?
                  Yes, its odd that your copies work in your players and not your PC.
                  I guess its one of those things where you have to spend lots of time experimenting with every single component in the process.

Comment

I tried both BD-RE and a BD-R with DVDFab but they are both Verbatim discs. Doe that count as the same brand?

Comment

Originally posted by uVSthem View Post
                      I tried both BD-RE and a BD-R with DVDFab but they are both Verbatim discs. Doe that count as the same brand?
                      Dont know how to answer that... sorry. I would think that REs and Rs are just different beasts entirely as far as comparing goes... but I am no expert by any means. Maybe someone else can answer that question?

Comment

I guess I'll try once with other disc brands and updates to DVDFab to see the results. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X