• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueray to Mobile?

I'm a lifetime licensed user of:

DVD to DVD
    DVD to Mobile

I've just recently upgraded my library to include Blue-ray.

The first thing I notice is no "Blue-ray to Mobile" product.

Is this because it assumes first moving the Blue-ray to a DVD5 or DVD9 format first, and then use the "DVD to Mobile" to convert?

If so won't that reduce the quality because it's essentially a double conversion?

I'm also confused as to what the "File to Mobile" solution is supposed to be?

Is there going to be a direct "Blue-ray to Mobile" offering in the future?

THANKS!
    -Zac

There is no Blu-Ray to Mobile module at the moment although the developers have said that it is a distinct possibility.

There is no Blu-Ray to DVD module, only Blu-Ray to BD9 & BD5 which in effect creates compressed mini Blu-Ray disks.

Of course any reduction in size is goint to effect the quality but it is up to you to decide what is acceptable to you.

Have a read of this thread which outlines the Fab modules.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yowch!

Yowch, so $106 for a lifetime license of "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" to remove copy protection, but no way to covert to DVD formats, nor into different video file formats!?!?!

Then using the same ratio of "DVD to DVD" to "DVD to Mobile" it'll be about another ~$63 for a "Blu-ray to Mobile" offering?

Will there be an ADDITIONAL "Blu-ray to DVD" product that will have to be purchased as well?!?!

Wow guys, don't you think you're starting to price yourself out of the range of most people?!?!?!

Comment

Hey, this is a forum of users helping users, not the developers so we have no knowledge how they will price future modules.

I will say something though. I originally purchased the equivalent of "DVD to DVD" and "DVD to Mobile" over 6 years ago.

At the current prices, the yearly cost would have been $20 per year which I regard as one of the better investments that I have ever made.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just an update here (in case anyone finds it in a search).

When I use BluRay->BluRay to rip the main movie to HD, I was then able to use File-->Mobile to convert the .m2ts file into .mp4 perfectly...

So besides the extra step, don't think you need a separate BluRay->Mobile product.

THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by ZacWolf View Post
            When I use BluRay->BluRay to rip the main movie to HD, I was then able to use File-->Mobile to convert the .m2ts file into .mp4 perfectly...

So besides the extra step, don't think you need a separate BluRay->Mobile product.
            This will work on some titles and not others. The file structure of a BD is not always one large M2TS file.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
              This will work on some titles and not others. The file structure of a BD is not always one large M2TS file.
              So far, using the "Main Movie" ripping function of "BluRay-->BluRay" menu, I've always end up with one large M2TS file. Are you saying this will not always be the case? Everything I've read said that BluRay standardized around m2ts, is that not accurate?

So far, I've had 100% success ripping .m2ts to .mp4 via the File-->Mobile menu, so I went ahead and purchased a lifetime license.

Comment

BD authors have the option to use as many M2TS files as they want for a given playback title. I have seen (ex. Terminator Salvation) and there have been other reports of many such movies. Any movie can have it but BD+ seems to be the main culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                  BD authors have the option to use as many M2TS files as they want for a given playback title.
                  Ahh gotcha. I just ran across one today with Gladiator.

I found that you can use tsMuxeR to "join" all the little ones into a single mt2s, then use File-->Mobile to convert.

Comment

I had that issue with the movie "Taken". I used DVDFab to compress the disc to BD-9 then took the multiple m2ts files and combined them with eac3to which made one big m2ts file and made sure the audio track stayed in sync. Worked like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacWolf View Post
                      Just an update here (in case anyone finds it in a search).

THANKS!
                      After doing this conversion on average what is the file size of your movie? I'm wanting to compress some of my Blu Ray movies down below 20gigs but still would like to have at least some HD quality better than DVD.

Comment

I'm using a very high compression rate because I'm using this to generate files viewable on my iTouch, so a 30gb bluray compresses down to a ~500mb .m4v file at 480x208 resolution.

There are lots of options though so I'm sure you can re-encode to a 720p or 480p and see large reduction in filesize, yet maintain good quality video.

Comment

Working...
                        X