need help with burning blu ray movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with burning blu ray movies

I am currently burning pirates of the Caribbean on strange tides, the main movies only and I had to compress it to a 25 gb disc since the movie alone is 32gb, it is taking 2 hrs and 49 min to just encode or whatever it does before it burns to the blu ray disc, and it might take another 15-30 min to burn on the disc, is this right, should it take this long, as of right now the settings set on dvdfab are all on default I haven't tampered with it since I wouldn't know what I'm doing, is there anything I can do to speed up the process withouut losing quality? Also here are my computer specs ..........Windows 7, Intel core i3 M330 @2.13ghz, 4gb ram.....is it my computer? Or is there something on settings i have to tamper with to speed it up

sounds good --- are you taking the advise here and spliting the process up?

Step 1 ) Use BD Copy to copy complete disk to HD
    2) Compress HD copy to 25G HD
    3) Burn 25G HD to a BD-RE disk
    4) once you know the BD_RE plays -- burn a BD-r

Comment

splitting the process? what do you mean, i tried coping a 32gb movie only, and had to get it compressed to a 25gb movie, but i dont know what you mean by splitting it?

Comment

Originally posted by aguy1222 View Post
        splitting the process? what do you mean, i tried coping a 32gb movie only, and had to get it compressed to a 25gb movie, but i dont know what you mean by splitting it?
        He means following the steps he listed and not just outright compressing a movie that large directly from the disc. It may not seem like it but following the steps he gave will save you much time as well as wear and tear on your disc drive.

Comment

Also,

Forgot to mention that the time needed is HIGHLY dependent on your configuration ---

When you do the compress to 25G use two Seperate HD's -- of course the faster the speed of the HD the better

Of course the speed of your processor effects the compress process ---

With a i5 CP and two HD drives the compress takes anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours -- depending on the BD contents --

The RIP and Burn are dependent on the speed you read or write -- be sure and burn slow for best results

And ALways --> always <--- use a BD-RE with new releases -- can save lots of coasters - if a new protection is being introduced ---- ( I use one with old ones also -- )

Also --- I have shut off ALL hardware assists....... everything runs slower but I had LOTS of problems with GPU and Lighting encoding enabled on my machine ----

Comment

Thank you both for Ur much needed advice, how would i use 2 seperate hds to compress a movie to 25 gb? I'm not very computer savy,I usually just save the movies compressed or not to my computers hd, then if I burn them to a blu ray disc or to a sepereate harddrive and watch on my ps3
            Last edited by aguy1222; 01-08-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

does not sound like you have 2 HD's ---- only a C: drive ?

so I wouldn't worry about it --- just use a different folder on the c: drive for the output of the 25GB compress

I have gone ahead and added a 2TB HD to my system for storage of 50GB backup copies --- but I just wanted to have them on an HD drive for convenience ( and until the price of BD-50G disks goes down about the only option ) -- and it does speed things up when you do a Disk to Disk operation

Comment

Originally posted by aguy1222 View Post
                Thank you both for Ur much needed advice, how would i use 2 seperate hds to compress a movie to 25 gb? I'm not very computer savy,I usually just save the movies compressed or not to my computers hd, then if I burn them to a blu ray disc or to a sepereate harddrive and watch on my ps3
                If you have 1 HD, create 2 folders on it. Then rip the Movie Only from the original disc to one of your folders. Have the size box set to BD50. That way there is no compression done in this step Then add that Movie Only file to DVDFab & set the size box to BD25. That will compress the file to fit on a 25GB disc. Have it write to the second folder you created earlier. You may want to remove HD Audio at this point also. It would mean less compression on the video.

A better way to do it though would be to do the compression step to a second HD. It is much faster this way because with just 1 HD, that HD has to do the reading & writing at the same time.

Hope this helps a bit & didn't confuse you even more.

Comment

Thanks for the help, it makes sence

Comment

Working...
                  X