cinavia protection,ps3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cinavia protection,ps3?

so is dvdfab the only blu ray burning software that gets around this? and iv also heard that a simple firmware update on the ps3 can even stop dvdfab blu ray copies from playing?

As far as I understand it, yes, DVDFab is the only software company to come up with a workaround for Cinavia protection on the PS3. And just like anything on the PS3, of course they can come up with a firmware update that can make it obsolete but their record has shown this is a given no matter what it is. Remember the option to install another OS like Linux? Gone! The same could happen with this but the DVDFab architects are no slouch! They're on the ball and will most likely come up with a solution to circumvent it before anyone else resolves the problem. If this still concerns you, you may need to invest in a standalone blu-ray player that doesn't contain Cinavia. I listed a Dynex blu-ray player a while back on this forum that meets this criteria for only $60 when it was on sale.
    Last edited by SuperFist; 01-07-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

thanks for the info, i really didnt know all that, i just read on a couple different forms and have been worried about backing up my movies on a disc to play on a ps3, thanks again, much appreciate all your help

Comment

Can someone please tell me what the Cinavia workaround is?

Comment

Real answer!! Get rid of PS3 and any other Sony hardware....
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I also have a Sony's BDP-S370 Blu-ray player with the latest firmware, and it appears that it does NOT have Cinavia as the movie in question played fine on that device.

Comment

I can also vouch for the Sony S350, S550 and S1000ES each with the latest firmware (024 for the 350/550 and 011 for the 1000ES) as being cinavia free. But I generally encourage folks I know with Sony players to NOT update firmware until they know exactly what the firmware update contains, since Sony seems to have adopted a philosophy that indicates they are not to be trusted as having their customers' best interests at heart with their firmware updates. My hope is that these model players do not even have the hardware capability to scrounge around lossless audio tracks looking for the cinavia audio track corruption codes.

Comment

Originally posted by dypsis View Post
                Can someone please tell me what the Cinavia workaround is?
                Besides the obvious that GregiBoy pointed out, you have to make a protected backup which is a BMDV-REC disc. You burner must support binding nonce. There is good information in the Cinavia thread.
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                X