Trial Version Blu Ray Copy to BD 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial Version Blu Ray Copy to BD 25

I use a registered copy of DvdFab version 8.1.3.2 to make backup copies of my DVD's. Works great and never had a problem playing a backup on a DVD player. I am trying to make a backup copy of a Blu Ray disc and have run into several issues. The Blu Ray Burner is a Sony BD 5300S and it is installed on a system with a 2600K cpu, an Asus P8Z68-V Pro MB and an MSI 560TI video card. I do not have the Lucid software installed. I am using the Trial copy? of Blu Ray copy.

First, I copied several Blu Rays to a harddrive with the standard DvdFab Blu Ray Copy settings - other than the warning message that I should download and buy the Blu Ray Copy software everything seemed to work ok.

Then I tried to copy only the Main Movie to a folder on the harddrive and the program hung at .49%. After much trial and error I finally figured out it was the Intel GPU that was not available to the program. Why it would copy the whole Blu Ray I do not understand? I changed the A/V Codec settings to use only CUDA. That seemed to do the trick. Do I want to get into the Lucid world so that I can use the Intel GPU?

Next, I used the complete copy of the Blu Ray copied to the harddrive above and made a Movie Only (~93% compression) disk using a Verbatim BD-R LTH Type 25 GB 6X blank Blu Ray disc. The burn completed successfully.

Thought I was home free but I tried to play the disc on my "old" Sony Blu Ray Disc/DVD Player (BDP-S550) and it would not read the disk! The disc appears to be ok when I put it in the Blu Ray drive on the computer. Does this Blu Ray Player support backup Blu Ray discs?

Help is needed. Where did I go wrong?
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Hi Ken429
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

---also -- make sure you have all GPU software disabled and Disable Lighting encoding

Comment

CRB929,
        Ok, here's the logs. I did try making a second BD-25 setting the burn rate to 2x and using the Write Data function with the BD-25 DVDFab output but the disc would not play in my Sony S550 player. Got a slightly different message from the player on the second burn - "Unknown" and "Cannot Operate this Disc". Again the disc seems to be ok when I look at it in the computer. Hope this helps resolve whatever it is that I'm doing wrong. It's getting personal!
        Attached Files
        ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Moderator,
          Why did this thread disappear from my subscribed list?

Comment

Try something else other than that LTH crap.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Like what?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                Moderator,
                Why did this thread disappear from my subscribed list?
                Hi Ken429
                I'm not sure.
                The LTH Verbatim have been problematic for some users.
                Please give this thread a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12774

Your logs are showing PIO Mode for your drives, which is probably a bug.
                You can reset it just in case
                Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.

You may also have more success using ImgBurn as your burn engine, it is free and you will find instructions on setting it up with Fab in the link in my signature.
                Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and your write speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc.

Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Edit: Remember any disc done in the trial will have a watermark, and will have to be redone after purchasing the product to remove it.
                Last edited by CBR929; 01-09-2012, 01:20 AM. Reason: Edit
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CRB929,
                  I got some BD-RE discs on order and I have ImgBurn so I'll give it a try. Also, I used VLC to view the movie on the two discs I created and there was no WaterMark on either but the movie played ok from both disc.? In order to view the movie I had to tell it to play the file in the Stream folder - is that normal? It would not do auto play with the discs that I made like a normal DVD or Blu Ray movie does in a player connected to a TV. VLC would not play a copy protected Blu Ray movie - I assume that is normal too?

Comment

Things are looking up - I burned it to a Verbatim BR-RE (SERL) 25GB disc (2x)using the built in VSO burning engine and the picture and sound look as good (almost?) as the original. There is no watermark - is that because even though I'm using the trial version of Blu Ray Copy I have a paid for version of DVDFab (DVD Copy)?

I have some Verbatim BR-R (MABL) 25GB discs discs (6x) ariving today so we'll see how they work on the Sony S550. It sure looks like the Verbatim BR-R (LTH) 25GB (6x) using the VSO burning engine don't work on the S550 at any burning speed.

Comment

Actually thos LTH's are basically junk for movies. I used two of them and only one works on my magnavox stand alone BD player while the other one hangs at the menu and never budges. I hear LTH discs are good for data back up to be used on the computer. Also the LTH's do not play on a PS3 they are suppose to but no luck their either.
                      Lancool K-56 case.
                      OCZ 700watt PSU.
                      MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                      AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                      ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                      16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                      OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                      WD 2TB.
                      EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                      LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                        There is no watermark - is that because even though I'm using the trial version of Blu Ray Copy I have a paid for version of DVDFab (DVD Copy)?
                        Hi Ken429
                        If you do not compress the video then there will be no watermark. If the video is re-encoded the water mark will be added to your movie. If you used Clone or even Full disc or Main Movie without compression you will not have it.
                        CBR929

Comment

CBR929,
                          So much for the Verbatim (MARL) disc. I tried to burn the main movie using VSO burn engine and I told it to burn at 2x in the popup window but I had 4x in the Write Blu Ray Defaults. It burned the disc in 20 minutes and is "Unknown" to the S550. So I can burn another disc and try to force it to 2x (Write Defaults) or use ImgBurn. If I bite the bullet and use ImgBurn what is the best way - standalone or under DVDFab.

Comment

Hi Ken429
                            Sorry that it did not work.

You can use ImgBurn either way.

If using ImgBurn with Fab set up the AWS in ImgBurn following the instructions in the link in my signature and set your speed for 2x.

It may also be a good idea to pick up a re-writable disc so that you can test before burning to disc, and save on coasters.

If you want you can post your logs for review the default location is:
                            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Good luck
                            CBR929

Comment

CR929,
                              I'm a little confused as usual. I bought a couple of Verbatim BD-RE discs and burned one a the 2x (max speed for the disc) and the movie plays on my S550 player. I then bought some non-LTH Verbatim BD-R discs (6x max) and burned one at 4x by mistake - it came up "Unknown" on the S550 player just like the Verbatim LTH BD-R disc burned at 4x did. So... is it the 4x versus 2x that is probably the issue. If so, then what will ImgBurn do if I set the AWS to "Recommended" and I give it a 6x disc? I'm slow but learning!

I'm sorry I read you link and forgot what you said in the above post - 2x it is!
                              Last edited by Ken429; 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X