Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a BluRay folder that plays on vlc

Hello,
    I'm quite new to BluRay and you can rate this problem probably as newbie-stuff!

A friend borrowed me his external HDD where he has lots of full BluRays on it, which all run nicely with vlc-media player.
    But there's on that doesn't...and of course it's one of my all-time favs, chaplin's "the great dictator"
    When I open the folder (containing BDMV&certificate) in vlc, the main movie directly starts...no menus, no extras, nothing. Also the resolution is low res. 4:3, although I know it's 1920x1080!

Changing the media program is out of discussion. I use vlc for years, and it works with everything except this case.
    So my question: Is it possible to create a bluray copy in dvdfab that works in vlc?
    Thank you!

Please play the bd movie folder in PowerDVD 11 and TMT5, have the menu in them!

And please download Mediainfo to check the movie details. Tell us the result!
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en It's free tool.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by baatton View Post
      Changing the media program is out of discussion. I use vlc for years, and it works with everything except this case.
      So my question: Is it possible to create a bluray copy in dvdfab that works in vlc?
      To answer this question directly... NO.

I was a fan and faithful user of VLC, too so I can see why you don't want to change programs but unfortunately that is the way of things in this quickly changing world of technology. If you want to play these blu-ray movies, menu and all, from your external HDD on your computer, you must use PowerDVD 11 or ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 like the man said in the above post. There's no getting around that.

The only thing you can do with VLC is play the movie files directly from the STREAM folder inside the BDMV folder of your blu-ray movie structure but if you've seen many blu-rays with a playlist of several files split up, you know how problematic this can be.
      Last edited by SuperFist; 01-09-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I downloaded trials of both programs. PowerDVD didnt work, no clue why but doesnt matter since TotalMedia Theatre works perfectly fine, including all the extras!
        Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X