question regarding blu ray coping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question regarding blu ray coping

If you successfully copy a full blu ray movie to your hard drive, does that mean you should have no problem burning it to a blu ray disc? I made a back up of some movies but only burnt one to a disc, the rest are copied full to my laptop hard drive and I'm able to watch the movies from there

No, it does not mean you will have no problem burning it to a blu ray disc. It means that if you do have a problem, you can try again without having to go through the process of copying it, again, to your hard disk.

The best way to make sure there should be (nothing is 100%) no problem is to burn it to a BD-RE or BD-RE DL before burning it to a BD-R or BD-R DL.

Comment

Well, while a good rip is absolutely essential for a good burn, it doesn't guarantee it.
      The most commonly seen burn errors are the result of marginal quality/ incompatible media and inappropriate burn speeds, but obviously, errors aren't limited to these.

If the files play back ok when viewed on the hdd, your first hurdle should be cleared.

For starters, burning to a BR-RE as suggested by rjl2005 is a great idea.

Once you've established a reliable write strategy, you should be all set.

Comment

Thanks, I should of also added, does it bypass or whatever the cinavia and other protection when you successfully copy it to the hard drive, so that I can burn them when I get blank blu rays later?

Comment

Hi!

I have do not have any discs that have cinavia copy protection, so I cannot comment on that. As for the other forms of copy protection, DVDFAB removes them. They are nolonger on the copy you made.

Comment

Originally posted by aguy1222 View Post
            Thanks, I should of also added, does it bypass or whatever the cinavia and other protection when you successfully copy it to the hard drive, so that I can burn them when I get blank blu rays later?
            As of this moment making a BMDV-REC disc (Cinavia) requires you to write to the BD and not the HDD.
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X