No errors, but bluray rip doesn't play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No errors, but bluray rip doesn't play

I ripped some blurays I got recently without error (Bluray Copy Full Disc). However, attempting to play them was a problem. I could see the trailers and other advertising stuff just fine, but once it attempted to load the actual menu I'd get a black screen. I ripped a bunch of discs all on the same day but so far this is what I know:

Bridesmaids: Can view trailers, but get black screen when trying to load bd+ and the menu. Can't do anything other than stop. Can't access the menu at anytime.
    Hitman: Can view trailers, can view menu. Can access menu at anytime.
    Scream 4: Can view trailers, but get java error message and then black screen when trying to load bd+ and menu. Can't do anything other than stop. Can't access the menu at anytime.

It is not the disc because I then played the Scream 4 disc directly and the menu loaded without a problem.

The only thing I could think of was that Hitman was an older bluray and the other two were newer (2011 releases). I have some other 2011 releases I ripped but haven't tried playing them yet.

I do not know what the problem is, but I know the first thing that you will be told is to post your logs. There is no way to diagnose your problem without them.

Comment

Logs are attached. Nothing really stands out to me.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bumping this up. I was away and have returned and installed the latest version (8.1.5.9). I've reripped the following Blurays using Full Disc Copy in Bluray Copy:

Scream 4 - this now works, no longer get the blank screen.
        Bridesmaids - still doesn't work, shows previews and ads then screen goes blank before menu.
        Lion King - Disney studio slide and then picture of Simba sitting there frozen forever, can't do anything other than pressing stop.
        Transformers 3 - what looks to be a loading bar appears and disappears quickly and left with just a blank screen (new previews or ads or anything)

The discs all work correctly, the rips do not. As you can see from the previous logs I posted I don't see any errors in them. I believe the issue lies with the BDLive stuff, but that's just a guess.

Comment

Hi braigo64
          Could you please post your latest Internal and also a complete Burn log where there is an actual burn to disc?

You may also have better luck using ImgBurn as your burn engine, it is "free" and you will find instructions on setting it up with Fab in the link in my signature.

CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm not actually reburning the rips to disc. I do a full disc copy and transfer the folder structure to my media server, then I play the movies through TMT streaming from my media server. I've done this many times in the past without issue.

This time on certain 2011 discs after ripping and then playing the folder structure, I end up with the blank screen. If I play the original disc that works fine. I will post a fresh copy of the log files a little later, but just wanted to clarify that I don't create new discs.

Comment

Here are the logs from the most recent run using 8.1.5.9:
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi braigo64,
                Please give a try of the latest build 8161 qt. If it fails, post the latest internal log here. Thanks.

Comment

I've updated to 8.1.6.1 Qt, some bluray rips are still having problems but some work. Just to reiterate, the discs have been verified and play fine in TMT3. After ripping a full copy to my hard drive (without error), I play the folder structure in TMT3, some rips are still exhibiting problems. They are:

Bridesmaids - plays previews then goes blank when attempting to load menu
                  My Bloody Valentine - perpetually stuck at "checking for updates..."
                  Transformers 3 - briefly flashes loading screen then goes blank

Rips that now work as of 8.1.6.1:

The Lion King
                  Scream 4
                  Piranha

I've attached the latest log file.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X