Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSOD & FREEZZING??? Check you memory settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSOD & FREEZZING??? Check you memory settings.

Hi Everyone,

Have spent a couple of days pulling my hair out trying to get reliable results while trying to drop a BD50 down to BD25 - BD9 - BD5.

I was constantly getting BSOD and general freezes & lockups with DVDFAB BLU RAY.
    I have two systems, both running W7 64Bit.
    System 1 - 2.8Ghz Quad Phenom II 4Gb ram HDD Raid Mirror Nvidia 8800GTX OC2 X1
    System 2 - 3.5Ghz Quad Phenom II 8Gb ram SSD Raid Stripe Nvidia 8800GTXOC2 X3

Both very capable systems that handle anything I throw at them.

Anyway I installed my new LGBH12LS38 in the first system and had no problems copying and burning a BD25. But trying to go BD9/5 was just not happening. Constant, freezes BSOD's part way in to the process.

I switched the LG drive to the second pc and had success straight away with BD9.

I switched the drive back to the system 1 - the one I want to use - and still got BSOD. Error message contained info on memory. I am running DDR2 at 1066 MGhz, I dropped it to 800 MGhz and so far no issues. The first time I attempted a BD9 from BD50 it worked. So far so good. So maybe memory speed in this machine had something to do with the errors?

Oh, and why although I tell DVDFAB to use CUDA, it sometimes doesn't?

Have a good one !
Working...
X