Lucid Virtu to use Intel GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucid Virtu to use Intel GPU

Looking for some feedback on whether it is worth opening the Lucid Virtu door to use the Intel GPU on my 2600K/Z68/Nvidia 560TI equipped system. I have yet to find anything real positive on Lucid Virtu. Since I am not into gaming would I be better off removing the Nvidia Card and let DVDFab use the Intel GPU?
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Please don't remove your graphics card as you may need it down the road for other programs and/or games. Merely uncheck the areas in your DVDFab settings that employ its use.

As mod CBR929 has posted many times...

Open DVDFab click the click the greenat top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software. Also Disable Lightning-Recoding, restart DVDFab and try again.
    Last edited by SuperFist; 01-27-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure I asked the question correctly. I currently have Fab set up to use CUDA based on the GPU built into the Video card. It is much faster than software - but maybe not as good? My question is - should I set up Lucid Virtu software on the machine so that Fab will be able to use the Intel GPU and CUDA and Software. If I do that will Fab code and decode Blu Ray material any faster/better? Based on the early hype the Intel GPU was supposed to be faster/better than Nvidia CUDA. The only reason I threw out removing the 560TI video card is that Fab hangs when it tries to access the Intel GPU if it is turned on in the A/V Codec setup options. The Z68 chip needs a driver like Lucid Virtu to allow access the Intel GPU when a video card is installed.

SuperFist,
      Not to worry, I will not remove the Video card except maybe for a test so that Fab can get at the Intel GPU.
      Last edited by Ken429; 01-27-2012, 10:47 AM.
      ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X