Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with multiple blu rays skipping

Hey guys,

First I would like to say thanks for all the problems you guys have helped me with in the past. Lately I have had multiple blu rays copy successfully but when I watch them in my ps3 they skip every ten seconds or so. I have made sure the re-encoding is done through the software and I have set the imgburn write speed to half that of my recommended disc speed (6x down to 3x). Off the top of my head this has happened with Pirates 3 (but not Pirates 4), X-men, Apollo 13, and Black Swan. I have posted the logs for Black Swan. Also, this has happened with full disc mode and main move mode. I have also been doing my burns the way you have all suggested in the past by ripping the uncompressed movie to my hdd, then compressing it to my hdd, then using write data to actually do the burn. Thanks for looking into this guys
    Attached Files

jbora check your write speed it shows in the imburn logs it is set at max.that is to fast I would try 4 and is if that will work

Comment

I believe I have already done this

So I followed the Imgburn tutorial video to a tee and set the write speed at 3x (since my blank media is 6x). After you posted I re-checked everything and I did it all right but I noticed the tutorial video I used was from September 2009 and I think it was for DVDs not blu-rays. Also, when imgburn would write I watched the speed and it said the write speed was at max but the write rate never exceeded 3x. I don't know what the difference is there. Anyway, I have tried to find a more up to date tutorial with no success. I'm thinking the problem has to be with how I have set-up imgburn, however, half the blu-rays I burn end up just fine. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

Hi jbora
        I agree with roadtrip

Pulled from your logs
        Write Speed: MAX

Your media speeds
        Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x

I would also use 4X as your burn rate, not 3X

The tutorial is for DVD but the same principles apply for Blu-Ray.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Qusetion about changing the write speed

Thanks, I'll give that a try. In the original write mode settings though for imgburn (before I assign a disc ID) should I change that to 4x as well or leave it at AWS? Thanks again for the help

Comment

Originally posted by jbora View Post
            Thanks, I'll give that a try. In the original write mode settings though for imgburn (before I assign a disc ID) should I change that to 4x as well or leave it at AWS? Thanks again for the help
            Hi jbora
            You will not assign a disc ID, when you put a disc in your drive ImgBurn will find the MID of your disc and give you available write speeds along with other information.
            If ImgBurn is set up per instructions you will leave it set to AWS, and clicking the little green man to the right to check the write speed you have set for this particular brand of media.

Note: If you use different media you will need to set the AWS for all different media you use.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Eureka

The 4x instead of 3x solved the problem. I don't know why that matters but it worked. Thanks a lot guys

Comment

Your welcome, glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                X