Cinavia vs. Blu Ray Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia vs. Blu Ray Players

I have read all the posts concerning Cinavia and how it works but now have a question. I know Cinavia is reliant on a Cinavia enabled disc and a Cinavia enabled player (hardware) to be effective. I am able to purchase a Samsung Blu Ray player that is manufactured before February 1 2012 but can the manufacturer do a simple Firmware upgrade to enable Cinavia on the player? Or are we safe if we purchase one the is manufactured before February 1 2012?

I don't have a answer to your question but the best way to go at it is to not updage the firmware. Standalone players have no business accessing the internet anyways.

Comment

...can the manufacturer do a simple Firmware upgrade to enable Cinavia on the player?
      YES!

The whole idea is to get a Blu-ray player that has a firmware that does not include Cinavia protection and to basically stick with that version unless you are absolutely sure that the subsequent version is Cinavia-free. I currently have a Dynex Blu-ray player that is Cinavia-free and I refuse to update to the latest firmware until I read somewhere online that it is 100% safe to do so. My motto with Blu-ray player firmware is "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
        YES!

The whole idea is to get a Blu-ray player that has a firmware that does not include Cinavia protection and to basically stick with that version unless you are absolutely sure that the subsequent version is Cinavia-free. I currently have a Dynex Blu-ray player that is Cinavia-free and I refuse to update to the latest firmware until I read somewhere online that it is 100% safe to do so. My motto with Blu-ray player firmware is "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"
        Good to know. Thanks. How's that Dynex working out for you?

Comment

Working...
        X