cinavia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cinavia

I was wondering if dvd fab has cinavia problem fixed or is this the reason my back up blu ray wont play on my samsung player ????
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Did you not read the announcement that should be at the top of your page if you didn't already dismiss it? It said if you want your cinavia backups to continue to play on your PS3, DO NOT update to the latest 4.10 PS3 firmware.

Comment

Cinavia

Hi super fist not talking about ps3 having issues with my samsung player just want to know r they not going to work? read my other thread on puss in boots ty just want to know if its just the movie or is this going to happen with these new movies that have cinavia copy wright? ???? Read some info said they are going to effect all blu ray players with cinavia feb 1

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
        Did you not read the announcement that should be at the top of your page if you didn't already dismiss it? It said if you want your cinavia backups to continue to play on your PS3, DO NOT update to the latest 4.10 PS3 firmware.
        He has a samsung player, I was unaware that Sammy has infected there players yet, op have you recently updated the Sammy? Also if your player does not have cinavia the a BMDV-REC disc will not play.
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi DiabloZoe so I need to update my firmware on the samsung . Will the blu rays play . So I need cinavia And when I copy on blu ray 2 blu ray full disk on 8.1.6.3 does it automatically make a blu ray protected disc or do I d manuay do it thanks

Comment

Following this thread is confusing as it is not clear what you are doing. How do you know that it is cinavia that is causing your samsung problem? Also, what model samsung do you have. I would not recommend rushing out to update the samsung until you know that is the problem.

Comment

Cinavia

Hi rjl2005 please read my thread on puss in boots look @ log please read jivetree erro under my log my samsung modelbd-d5100 think it last post

Comment

Ok, I am caught up with your issue. I read the other thread.

According to the various posts on cinavia, unless you recently did a firmware upgrade to your Samsung player (within the last month), it should not be sensitive to cinavia. That is why I suggested waiting to do a firmware upgrade. Someone did post that the most recent firmware upgrade may activate the cinavia protection in Samsung players. It is not clear if it does or doesn't.

In the other thread, I read that there is a problem with puss n boots and DVDblu-ray copy and that they are looking into it.

I would not do anything until they find out what the problem is. Just my two cents.

Good Luck!

Comment

My apologies all. I guess reading is fundamental. I happened to log in and post while I was in the middle of work so my attention span wasn't the best. With that being said, I agree with the above post. If you recently updated your Samsung player, which means this year, it is highly possible that you have enabled cinavia-infected firmware. It's for this reason I refuse to update my Dynex player. It's been working fine with everything I've played in it and therefore there's no reason for me to update it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                    Hi DiabloZoe so I need to update my firmware on the samsung . Will the blu rays play . So I need cinavia And when I copy on blu ray 2 blu ray full disk on 8.1.6.3 does it automatically make a blu ray protected disc or do I d manuay do it thanks
                    What you will have to do is check the release notes for any FW update for any BD player. I have not really been following the Cinavia issues because I don't use BD players any more!! Media players are the way to go!! If you had a player with Cinavia and own with out you would have to make 2 backups 1 regular and one BMDV-REC the BMDV-REC will play on the infected Cinavia player but not on the un infected one or vice versa. When you put a movie into the player the Cinavia message will pop up, this is when you will have the option to make a protected backup BMDV-REC. You cannot make a BMDV-REC unless it has Cinavia. And yes you will have to put a check in the box to make the backup.
                    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X