the thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing

8.1.6.3. Read ok verify it has cinavia bot why don't it give me check box to may protected disk after copy and write complete successful but when I go to play it previews start play fine bot movie don't start thought 8163 gives me option to make protected dick window pops up verifying in contains cinavia press ok bot don't give me check box to make protected docs? ???????
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
    8.1.6.3. Read ok verify it has cinavia bot why don't it give me check box to may protected disk after copy and write complete successful but when I go to play it previews start play fine bot movie don't start thought 8163 gives me option to make protected dick window pops up verifying in contains cinavia press ok bot don't give me check box to make protected docs? ???????
    Log please...
    By any chance, do you have a Liteon writer?

Comment

Yes I do why?

Should I not be using liteon burner?
      Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM. Reason: two threads and two post merged

Comment

Your Liteon BD does not support binding nonce, hence you cannot write Cinavia protected backups.

I know, binding nonce...it sounds like I'm making it up.

It's basically a 128 bit key, courtesy of AACS

Here's some verbiage straight from the horse's mouth:

2.1 Binding Nonce

A recorder shall be capable of generating a statistically unique (e.g., random) 128 bit nonce to be associated
        with each file that will contain Encrypted Title Keys. This Binding Nonce shall be updated each time the
        associated Title Key File is being modified. Each time a Binding Nonce is updated, every Title Key contained
        in the associated Title Key File shall be re-encrypted. For media (such as write-once media) where an existing
        Binding Nonce can not be destroyed or overwritten, the Binding Nonce (and the corresponding Title Key File)
        shall be written exactly once. The Binding Nonce shall be stored in the Protected Area of the optical media to
        maintain cryptographic control over when and how it is updated. XTable 2-1X shows the logical arrangement of
        the Binding Nonce. The Licensed Recorder reads and writes the Binding Nonce as described elsewhere in this
        specification depending on the format of the underlying media. In a system using a drive-host configuration
        (e.g., a PC), the Binding Nonce is accessed using a drive authentication protocol as described in the
        Introduction and Common Cryptographic Elements book of this specification.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

So what drive do you recommend

Comment

I never burn BD's...period, so I can't really recommend one.
            I watch virtually all my media via media players.

This list is courtesy of Wombler over at MYCE...from about 4 weeks ago.

Drives that are known to support 'binding nonce generation'

ASUS: SBW-06C1S-U (only with VSO burning engine)

HP: CH20L

LG: BE12LU30, BH12LS30, BH12LS35, GGW-H20L, LG BH08, LG BH10, WH08LS20, WH10LS30

Optiarc: BD-5300S

Pioneer: BDR-205, BDR-206, BDR-207M

Sony: BDX-S500U, BDX-S600U, BWU-500S
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks maineman just bought a Sony BWU-500S drive see if it works

Comment

Originally posted by Jonatan View Post
                Thanks maineman just bought a Sony BWU-500S drive see if it works
                I will tell you the drive of choice is any LG drive!! I hear its not possible to have a computer drive with cinavia, but I would not put anything past Sony!
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

LG burners are pretty awesome. I have two.

Comment

Working...
                  X