Using Main Movie mode for TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Main Movie mode for TV shows

If I were to use main movie mode to copy a disc that had like three tv episodes on it, how would it play back? Would it just play the episodes back to back without interruption? Thanks

Originally posted by jbora View Post
    If I were to use main movie mode to copy a disc that had like three tv episodes on it, how would it play back? Would it just play the episodes back to back without interruption? Thanks
    Depends...
    If you do not keep the menu, then it would "probably" play as you describe.
    If you do keep the menu, then you "should" be able to navigate the disc for specific titles (episodes).

Additionally, a great deal depends on how the original disc was authored...hence, the "probably" and "should".

I always found Customize mode to be more reliable in this regard.

It works like main movie only you select titles, etc., instead of the software.

Just select the 3 episodes (titles) and keep the menu intact.
    Get rid of all the other crap unless you want it.

Of course, you could also elect not to keep the menu, then it would play all 3 episodes without interruption as you described
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by jbora View Post
      As Maineman stated, it really depends on how the original DVD was authored. Sometimes there will be a track that is all of the episodes combined and you can just rip that track and all of the episodes will play continuously.

Some times the DVD is authored with just the individual episodes and it is the IFO file the directs how they play when you select "Play All" from the DVD Menu. In this case "Main Movie" option won't work, but Custom might.

Comment

Working...
      X