bd-50 to bd-25 compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bd-50 to bd-25 compression

Can I compress blu-ray movies to BD25 disc?

The current DVDFab "Blu-ray Copy" support to compress BD50 movies with "Main Movie" and "Full Disc" modes with lossless of quality.
    "Full Disc"-compress BD-50 to BD-25;
    "Main Movie"-compress BD-50 to BD-25/BD-9/BD-5.

"lossless of quality"

does this mean that video and audio quality will be the same when i compress from bd-50 to bd-25?

no video will be compressed.

Comment

hanibal,

so what does dvd fab mean by "compressed with lossless of quality"? video will be compressed with no loss of quality? the reason i ask this is because ive been making back ups with dl bd-r when necessary but the dl bd-r can get pricy. why not just compress to bd-25 if there is a lossless of quality. or is "lossless of quality" only referring to the audio bit?

Comment

It probably refer to audio. General rule of thumb when compressing is involved their is always gone be quality loss. In this case it is gone lossy compression.
        If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

hawk,

okay so dvdfab compresses "lossless quality". now it would be up to a stand alone player to decompress the file when playing, no? from what ive read online somewhere, when lossless quality compressed item is decompressed, you can expect no loss in quality? but a "lossy" compression is when the quality is downgraded and then compressed. so if when it is decompressed, you would expect the downgraded quality.

Comment

You almost got it. Just remember dvdfab does not do lossless quality compression. However it offer lossy compression which will loose quality each time you compress.

For Example

BD50 BD25 (You loose 50 percent of the quality from original)
            BD25 BD9 (You will loose even more in comprasion to original since you are compressing to dual layer dvd size.)

and so on it continues.

Comment

hawk,

okay so back to my original post at the top. why does dvdfab announce that their compression method involves "with lossless of quality"? how come they havent clarified wether its lossless for audio or video?

ps. wondering if you know alot about ps3? if so, i wondering, if i downgrade my ps3 firmware, would that get rid of cinavia? my brother updated my ps3 to 4.11. ive tried that "movie fix 2.0", they are a complete scam. they offer money back gaurantee but i havent been able to get my money back. i was so disatisfied with their so called solution. all they do is show you a way to distort the audio but the edited video sound is so shi**y, makes my head hurt.

Comment

Where does it say that the compression is "without lossless quality"?

Comment

rjl 2005,

i mean the compression is with lossless quality. its posted in their main website.

Comment

There is no such thing as compression with no loss of quality, there will always be some quality loss if compression is required. Often though the main movie, without menus and extras will fit a 25GB single layer disk without compression = no loss of quality.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

As the moderator wrote: there is no such thing as video compression withouth loss of quality. When I read the marketing blurb for Blu-ray copy, the wording could be better chosen, but it is a semantic issue. It is just claiming that the compression is so good that it is of "lossless" quailty. It does not actually say it is lossless compression.

Comment

It depends on which compression you do! If you compress 50GB to 25GB its common sense!! The audio is a big factor so it does not necessarily mean your gonna loose a ton of video quality. Fab give you many options, if you do movie only allot of the time you can get away with no compression at all, in some instances and I don't recommend you can change the size of writable area on the disc to get a little bit more! If your backing up your precious movies, then your best option is to get a BDRE or 2 and see whats best. There is also a thread on which movies will fit onto 25GB disc's.
                        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by s9ac3r View Post

ps. wondering if you know alot about ps3? if so, i wondering, if i downgrade my ps3 firmware, would that get rid of cinavia? my brother updated my ps3 to 4.11. ive tried that "movie fix 2.0", they are a complete scam. they offer money back gaurantee but i havent been able to get my money back. i was so disatisfied with their so called solution. all they do is show you a way to distort the audio but the edited video sound is so shi**y, makes my head hurt.
                          While it is true that downgrading firmware to version 3 will kill cinavia. But how you will do it is different story. One option is jail break your console.

If possible try to at least downgrade up to firmware 4. Which will result in BDMV-REC seen as trusted source.

Tip: I have two PS3 one for movies and one for games. This method will elmiante headache and I do feel sorry for you falling into scam.

Comment

Working...
                          X